Only 15 More Days til my BIG Day (But Who's Counting)?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaiasmom, Mar 30, 2006.

1. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Sorry, I'm just soooooo excited!!!!! My big day is only 16 days away & I can hardly contain myself! For those that are not aware, we are flying to North Carolina in 2 weeks (live in CA) to get married! I'm getting a husband & a son.

We have all been living together for about a year and a half, so we're already a family, but we're making it official.

I bought pendants for the kids with a mother & father with their arms wrapped around 2 children, so we can have a vow ceremony with the kids too. I think it will be awesome.

Unfortunately, the stress of all of this has me in a terrible flare. I am in so much pain it is all I can do to get through each day. Since I'm taking 8 days off work for our trip, I don't get any other days off to prepare. I'll make it though.

We are getting married early in the trip & going on a "familymoon" with Steve's parents & the kids for a few days, then just taking it easy at his parent's house for a few days before we come home, so I'll be able to get some rest.

Sorry to ramble, just wanted to share. I am so excited - I have finally found the one - I know this marriage won't end in divorce the way my first one did. Steve is the only person in this world who even comes close to understanding what it is like to live with this DD.

Take Care & Wish Me Luck!!

Leanne
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Leanne:
    Congratulations are in order! What a wonderful thing to happen to you and I love the word 'familymoon'. It all sounds so exciting and it is good to know you will have time to rest.

Also, if you are flaring now try to get the best rest you can so you will have the stamina for the trip and not
    go to N.C. flaring. And you are so lucky to have found a man who understands what it is like to live with FM.

You are a lucky girl.

NyroFan
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for all of you. God bless you and this family.

Love, Mikie
  4. hob

hob New Member

When my dad remarried they gave my brother, sister and i tokens that said family. It was very moving and amazing for me even as a freshman in college. I am so happy for you. I got married last summer and the way I dealt with the stress was similar to what you're doing. Have fun and try to relax.

congrats again!
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Congratulations. What a wonderful thing to look forward to. You have a right to be excited and to share that. I hope all goes well. Take care of yourself and try to minimize the stress.

Kathy.
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It isn't everyday we get such good news on this board, but this is reason to celebrate.

May your trip be safe, your ceremony all you hope it to be and may your lives be filled with love, compassion, understanding, trust and joy, and lots and lots of laughs.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  7. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

And Best Wishes!

So, happy for you!

TM~
  8. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Congratulations! And WELCOME to North Carolina.
    What part are you coming to? Or am I being too nosy?
    Any way I am very happy for you. Best wishes.
    ((((cathugs))))) Ruth
  9. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I am sure it will be lovely!
  10. petsrme

petsrme Member

Congratulations!!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Just try to relax as much as you can. I know that is sooo hard. Hopefully you can rest and get back to normal soon.

I live in NC. Is this your first trip? I live about 45 minutes from Winston. Where are you getting hitched?

Well anyway, I hope it goes great and you have a wonderful trip to our state. I love it here. I have always wanted to go to California.

ps I just looked at your profile and saw the Pink Hill NC. I haven't heard of that town. I will look it up. You look so pretty in your picture. [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  11. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I am using the dancing sign b/c I would like to dance at a wedding.lol

That is great you are finding love and a family.

It sounds like his parents like you really well too. That is good.

I am not saying to anyone who is single that there is something wrong with being single, but it is fum to have someone there to listen to you.

Also having the in-laws that seem to care about you too.

My in-laws were about the best I could ever have had (they have both Passed now). They treated me like one of their own children, my son was only 3 when my mother in-law passed from stomach cancer.

That was terrible I helped take care of her near the end and she was in such pain she was on Morphine but she never complained about the pain or said why me. SHe still woke up in the morning and read her bible then ate her breakfast.

Then she would go about her day, I would clean her port and her dressing. Help her with a bath and put fresh clothes on her.

Then my father in-law died about 2yrs later b/c of his heart.

Sorry to have droned on about sad things when you are so excited and happy but those years were horrible as my mother in-law died, then my 12yr old niece died in a house fire about 6mths later then about 6mths later my mom died of cancer then about 2yrs later my father in law died.

Well now that I have probally ruined your day I guess I'll go good luck with you BIG day. Hope all the best for you and God Bless you all.

Pamela
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

So hard to type but sending you warm wishes for your big day.

May your house be filled with happiness and may your roof never fall in AND those beneath it never fall out.

Love ANNE c
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  13. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Thank you all for your warm wishes. Yes, it is Pink Hill North Carolina we are headed for. Then to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina for our little Familymoon. I am excited about both.

It may seem a little wierd to be taking the in-laws on the familymoon too, but that will allow us some alone time, as well as some family time, so I think it will work out perfect!

And yes, my new in-laws are wonderful. Very caring & loving. I am very lucky to have them on my side. I haven't met Steve's grandma yet, but he is very close to her & I am very excited to spend some time with her.

Apparently she has always told Steve that he just needed to find a good woman. Recently, after Steve's dad & step-mom returned home from a trip to visit us, Steve was talking to his grandma & she said well, it sounds like you've finally found a good woman. I was happy to hear that. Nice to be approved of!

Also, he mentioned to his grandma that I have fibro & she said oh that poor dear, I have friends that suffer from that & it is so hard on them. So, I even have grandma to defend me if anyone thinks I'm lazy! And, I get the impression that the grandma in this family is one that everyone has a lot of respect for!!

I won't go into the nightmare of my ex-inlaws. Because I have a child with my ex-husband, they are very much still a part of our lives, and it is not pretty. Oh well, everything can't be perfect!

Ok, I guess that's enough for now. Thanks again for all of your replies - I appreciate your support! I just hope I can get out of this flare sometime soon.

Take care,

Leanne
  14. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I met the love of my life 13 years ago (we've been married for 8). He took my two teenage kids on as well.

They're both now grown and we have 3 grandchildren. Life is good!

Eileen