Only way to get pain relief meds......Break a finger!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mhammie, Oct 13, 2005.

1. mhammie

mhammie New Member

Just wanted to get my hair cut & highlights (to hide the gray). Leaving for my appt., lost my balance at our backdoor. Tried to keep from falling in the flower bed. Wrapped my fingers around the doorknob. Fell anyway & broke my finger.

My doc won't giv me any pain meds for the fibro due to high liver enyzmes, but didn't take her long to write vicoden for broken finger. Then made appt. to see orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. (joy, Joy). All my DH hard earned money going to another doctor.

I really don't recommend trying to get pain relief meds this way. Although with the current pain in my finger, other things don't seem to hurt as much. LOL Once DH comes home with the filled prescription, the finger won't hurt either.

Moral of the story, maybe i should let nature take it's course & let the gray shine through. It won't cost anything & no trips to the doctors office.

Just had to come here to vent & laugh at my clumsiness. (sp?) Hope you will all laugh with me.

Mhammie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2005]
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Tough way to get your meds! I do find it disturbing tho, that so many people that need pain relief, meet so many brick walls!!
  3. mhammie

mhammie New Member

Took the Vicoden amost 4hrs. ago. Making me a little tired, but still lots of pain.

Finger now very colorful with shades of blue & purple. I Didn't know this body could produce some of the colors of a rainbow. LOL!!!!

I have never taken Vicoden before now. Hopefully the next dose will take a liitle more of the edge off.

Thanks Nancy & KBAK for your support. I'm thankful for the support of both of you and other members.

Mhammie
  4. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

I'm just the opposite. I've been coloring my hair since I was a teenager and ever since I found my first gray hairs, which are quickly reproducing, I am not coloring my hair anymore.

I am very proud of my gray hairs because, like the above post said, I have earned every one of them.

:)

Kim
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

ONLY if you have the right doctor!!!

I broke my foot last year, and the doctor did not offer any type of pain reliever!!!!! Nothing. Zippo! She did not even ask me if I had any pain meds at home to take!

Luckily I had some Lortab from another doc for my back pain.
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'd find a new doc! Not even offering something for a broken foot seems a bit over-the-edge. Glad you had something, but gee whiz! That just doesn't seem right. At least she could offer or even ask how much it hurt.

Mhammie...I get my hair highlighted also for the very same reason! I'm sorry about your finger, but I hope you will get a feel for how much the Vicodin will help. Best wishes for a speedy and less painful recovery. Sorry you have to see a surgeon. Maybe he won't suggest surgery.

Take care, all of you.

Sue