OOOOOPs=== FUNNY goofs...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Mar 1, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

We’ve probably all heard people say stupid things... We might have said 1 or 2 (hundred) ourselves....

Here’s a collection of actual quotes people overheard others say - or at least they're not admitting it if they said it themselves!

But I figured these might be appreciated here since so many of us have 'correct' word finding and other problems in saying what we really mean... LOL we're not the only ones!

“Do you think I’ve been sitting here twiddling my (rear)?”

“At no time do I ever condone you making changes to improve things in the office.”

“Snakes on a Plane - what’s that about?”

“Go jump off a lake.”

“He’s not the sharpest canister in the ocean.”

“Keep a stiff upper chin.”

“The squeaky wheel gets the spike.”

“I can lead you to horsewater, but I can’t make you drink.”

“He’d give you the arm off his back.”

“You play ball with me, and I’ll scratch yours.”

“It’s half of one, six dozen of another…”

“Don’t look at me with THAT tone of voice!”

“We do not have a smoking cow at this point.”

“Is there 264 days in the year? Or is it 265?”

“My daughter is as smart as a tack.”

“I’ve got a higher IQ than your little pinky finger.”

“If Dad were here right now, he’d be rolling over in his grave.”

“Well, it may be the wrong tool for the job, but it is the right tool for the business.”

“It’s our golden goose! We better figure out how to make her purr.”

“You know that $100 bucks I didn’t need from you? Do you think we could split it? You still come out $50 ahead.”

I know I've said some over the years... but "blessed are" short memories sometimes, cause I can't remember 'em!

If you remember any of yours, please add!

[This Message was Edited on 03/01/2008]
  2. tabby8

tabby8 New Member

thanks for the awesome laugh, Victoria!!!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

"Snakes on a plane"!

Used to have a boss who said goofy things. When we were planning a company picnic he said, "Ok, we'll all meet at the office and then combine the cars."

4. dolphin59

dolphin59 New Member

hi victoria thanks for the laugh hehe.the 1 i like is from my mum .dont for get to have clean pants on in case u get run over by a bus .and shes as thick as a ten bob note ,u cant make a purse out of a sows ear ,theres loada more but cant think brain fog and if ur never heard of them its because im a brit
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I was just thinking as I read these, you could combine any two of those statements and come up with your own "Dr. Philism's!!!" LOL!!!!!