Oopps I deleted my own post when I tried to edit it

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Sorry if you replied. A couple of you did. Do you mind replying again as I missed it. The post was regarding the new Christian movie that has just come out called One Night With The King based on the story of Ester from the Bible. It is supposed to be a dynamic film. It is playing in 900 theaters across the country,(not sure about Candada). I looked in my paper today and it is playing in several of our theaters around here. I am planning on seeing it. It is a message full of hope and hopefully lifechanging to many people. I heard Joel Osteen and his wife making comments about it after coming out of the theater. They thought it was excellent and of Hollywood quality. I think they said one million people saw it last weekend when it first came out. They are encouraging many Christians to invite unsaved friends and to make a real impact on the Hollywood community that doesn't realize the power of the Lord's people. See if you can and if you are unable to see it pray that it will have a huge and lasting impact on all who see it. Have a great day everyone.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Hi Nancy,

I googled this movie when I saw your post last night and it doesn't seem to be playing in Canada - not yet anyhow. Sometimes we get movies later than the U.S.

I hope that it does come here and is successful everywhere. We need more of these kinds of movies! Thanks for letting us know about it.

(((HUGS)))
    Pepper
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

How are things going now? You are still in my prayers and of course your whole family. I would like to see that movie soon but I will have to see. It seems the weekends are sometimes just as hectic for me as the work week. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

If that movie is based on the book that Tommy Tenney wrote then I imagine the movie will be excellent. I think his book was about Intimacy with God. If it is based on his book then I am sure he will be making the interview circuit. Unfortunately movies like that and the something of the Spear about the martyred missionries 2oish years ago only make it to Canada on dvd and they charge a fortune for them. Don't know if my babbling helps.
    Cath
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I do believe it is based on Tommy's book as I heard his interview a few days ago. I am trying to see if I can fit it into my schedule to go tomorrow. I already have a medical procedure in the afternoon so it is debatable. If I don't rest up on the weekends it makes for a brutal week for me. How are you doing? I saw that you got kidnapped this week. (Don't you all panic out there) Kidnapped in a good way. I bet just getting out of the house for a little diversion was the best meds you could have. My computer just turned itself off while I was writing this. I swear it is possessed sometimes. I turned it back on and this was saved. Now that is a true miracle! Are you on disability. I don't remember you ever saying but I know your bio said nurse/pastor. What or how do you do both of those things. I know you have a heart for the mission field. You would love my church. My sunday school teacher who is a pastor's wife and a counselor and the most wonderful person you would ever want to meet heads up two mission trips each year to places all over the globe. There are usually around 40 people who go on these trips. I have never been but I guess everyone who goes says they are life changing. I don't think I would have the stamina to do one but I would love to. I hope you are on the road to recovery with this illness that you have had for such a long time. Take care. Still praying for you.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. dejovu

dejovu New Member

You made me laugh out loud......skip the first grader next door....I have also deleted my own posts. Blessings sister...watch those buttons. Love in Our Lord, Dejo
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Maybe that first grader next door can teach me how to spell Canada! I am afraid to edit anymore. I swear I hit the right button. (I can hear you all saying.....yeah right!

Love,
    Nancy
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I must have dyslexia to. My title was supposed to say Hey.
    LOL

Nancy
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am going to see the movie One Night With the King this afternoon. I was going to get up early and see the morning matinee but didn't. Actually you all may find some humor in this. During my work week I get up at 4:20. Today I woke up and that never happens without my alarm and I looked at the clock and it was 6:55. I shot out of bed forgetting it was Saturday and by the time I got to the bathroom I realized it was Saturday. What a relief!!!!I was going to get up at 7:00 and that didn't happen either. Went back to bed and slept for another glorious hour. Maybe that is why I am in such rare form today.LOL I will give you at update on the movie. See ya.

Love,
    Nancy
  10. caffey

caffey New Member

My computer is acting up also. I have been praying and laying hands on it if you know what I mean lol. How was the movie? I think Tommy Tenney is wonderful. I just about cry everytime I hear him and his wife my goodness what a worship leader. Like being in heaven.
    I did community nursing before I got sick 3 years ago. I was just diagnosed with ra and I was getting out of the car at the end of the day and herniated the disc in my back and that was the end of that. I haven't been able to work since. I am on disability. I hate it. It doesn't pay enough and I am type A and hate sitting around. I am not a pastor in the traditional sense as in the pastor of a church. This may stretch your thinking and belief system. I am one of 2 associate pastors to a friend of mine who is the Sr. Pastor. My role is to be his advisor. I do occasionally preach and teach. I also function as a pioneer. I see a need, try to set it up so someone else can do it. For example I was ministering in a low income housing area and I was stopped from continuing ( you don't want to know) anyway I had a whole program set up. Lately there has been a lot of gun violence in the area and the man who was my Pastor at that time has taken this over and he is now on news quite often. I am happy for him because this is his passion. My main focus would be what is traditionally called Pastoral care. Being on this board, ministering to people on a one on one for short periods and then turning them over to whoever for follow-up( usually the local church). I became a pastor not because of the title of position but because I need the title to get into certain places where they will only recognize a Pastor. I don't know if that makes sense or not. I am also a watchman. I watch over certain people, by covering them and guiding them into fulfilling their vision and then crying buckets when they are released to walk in there calling. I really want to go to the mission field and do disaster nursing. Every time there is one on the news I cry and cry. Every body who knows me is saying don't be surprised if someday you are watching the news and you look and say I know that butt as you will see my back end helping and laying hands on people. I know God has told me some things I will see, some I have the rest I am just waiting. So that is who I am. I hate anything that is religious and rules regulated. I love to see people grasp a truth and watch the light switch go on in their lives. I want to be like the blind man who Jesus healed and the Phariesees asked who healed him and he said he didn't know he just knew God touched him. We live in exciting times and God is moving and using us where we are at. Not one of us is forgotten. You have been such a blessing to me. God Bless you. Oh yeah, I am justing getting over a bad flare. I started decreasing the prednisone today and I am on another antibiotic. He thinks I have pneumonia in my rt. lung base. Other than that I am still alive. Thanks for asking.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2006]
  11. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thanks for sharing. I wasn't sure if you had seen my question to you. I think the whole thread was deleted. I know you have a heart for God. I want to be real and to serve a real Jesus in a real world also. I can function in my church because I think that is what my church is about also. I grew up in a main line denomination and once I really became a Christian I am now in a very different kind of church. I think we think alike from the some of the things you have said. The fact that you even know Tommy Tenney tells me we are on the same page. He has such a humble and sweet spirit. I love him. Do you get TBN up in Canada. It goes all over the world so I wouldn't be surprised. You have used some words I am not familiar with but I think it is only semantics. You mentioned being a covering to people. I would say that would be like a spiritual mentor. Is that a good comparison. I wasn't sure about the word pioneer in the sense of ministry but finding a need and then having someone else fill it makes sense. Well I hope to see your other end on TV ministering in Africa someday. LOL I am so very sorry that you are having to be on disability. I am also very much a type A personality and it would be very difficult for me I am sure. I feel very fortunate to still be able to work. I think the Lord brought me to this board for many reasons but one of them is to show me how much I still have instead of me dwelling on how much I have lost. I love this board and I have only been here for a short time compared to many of you. I feel very much at home here now. I remember how weird and strange it was for me at first. It is pretty amazing isn't it how the Lord has allowed all of us to bond in this way. The Lord is using modern technolgy for His good. This movie is just another example of that. Many people who would never enter a church might find Jesus in a movie theater. Well I am sorry to hear about your lung problem on top of everything else. Hang in there. You will get well. I am claiming that in the name of Jesus. Take care dear sister.

Love,
    Nancy
  12. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Nancy: Your thread wasn't deleted. I was just snooping on this post last night and found your new post. I don't know how long it was there. This is such a busy board, sometimes it is hard to keep up so if I don't ever answer like within a day or 2 send me a new post and I'll check. I am glad you are in a good church. It is time that we started being real with each other and quit hiding our struggles and denying them and putting unrealistic expectations on each other. NUF said or this might turn into a sermon.( the upside to that is I don't preach long 10-15 min), I am excited because we are starting to hear about how church as we know is dead and within a year we won't recognize church. TBN is only available by tv aerial ( remember that invention) and if the wind is blowing in the right direction. I can get it off the internet but I find it hard watching stuff off the internet. There is a new station called the Miracle Channel based in Alberta. It is our only full time Christian Station. It is really good, balanced and current. It also has some different programs that we normally don't get. I love watching Cindy Jacobs and Bill Prankard. These people believe that now that they have opened the door that we will soon be able to get more Christian programming. I hope they are right.
    You are right we all get stuck in our own phrasing and we are talking the same thing. I am glad you questioned. We need to do more of that it prevents alot of misunderstandings. Providing a covering is like mentoring, it involves watching out for the person that they stay in balance, providing counsel when they ask for it, praying for them,encouraging them,defending them (another soapbox of mine) I guess what I am trying to say is that it keeps us accountable that we don't run off and do our own thing it is also being their cheerleader. The Bible talks about submitting to each other. Am I making sense? Being a pioneer( there are all kinds of words for that apostle, missionary, forerunner) is just someone who starts something new and then turns it over to someone else. The problem is some people make these things bigger than they are. I think that we all do these things in some way and I hate it when people put titles on it and say Apostle,Prophet this or that. I only use the title Pastor when I am in a situation where it is needed. A couple of people ( were you one?) I can't remember told me this is my mission field, I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that. On this board we all have several common bonds and that binds us together. Most of us have been through the same junk so we can encourage each other and receive healing where it is needed. I like the freedom that no one condemns and we are accepted where we are at. So many are devestated by life and the church ( unfortunately) and they need to be loved and accepted. Just remember God placed you here and you have a lot to say and I like reading your posts. If we could sit and have coffee together we could probably talk for days. I enjoy good conversation and different opinions, makes me think. Take care and God Bless you.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  13. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I'll put the coffee on, just tell me when you're coming. You can swing by and pick up Pepper and we can chat all day long! I have been to Montreal many, many years ago. My geography is terrible. Is that anywhere remotely near you. I was on a band trip to the World's Fair and I was the only one in the band who spoke any French. I had a whopping two years so of course I was an expert.LOL. I remember announcing the pieces the band was going to play to the audience and there was just no reaction of any kind. I found out later that the dialect they speak is way different than our American version of French in the schools. I might as well have been speaking Greek. I remember that trip being a blast. That was my first and only time of being in Canada. This has not been a great day for me for many reasons both physically and emotionally. I got to Sunday school this morning and started to feel dizzy and nauseated. I fell asleep in church and came home and crashed all afternoon. After getting up I then had a terrific headache and felt worse. So this has not been one of my better days. I over did it yesterday and going to to the movie on top of it just did me in I think. I usually pay for the next day or so when I do that. Hopefully I will be recharged for another whopping work week. This starts to enter my period of high stress. I have a concert coming in November with my junior high band and I am praying we will be ready. It has been a challenging group. Well you take care of yourself. Talk later,

Love,
    Nancy