OPC-3 am afraid to take it does anyone here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepcanyon1, Feb 18, 2009.

1. deepcanyon1

deepcanyon1 New Member

I just went to a new doctor today that has treated others with CFS, fibromyagia, and many other conditions. He also does chiropractic and regular D.O. When he saw my labs he said i definately had CFS and fibro but instead of just telling me it was in my head he said he wanted me to start taking OPC-3. I am newly diagnosed and had not a clue what it was he explained it to me and then i asked him if there were any side effects and he said no. Only you would have to be careful if you are on a blood thinner and taking it. I am afraid to try it as i have been told before that things had no side effects only to find out they do.
    Does anyone take this and if so how long did it help at all and were there any side effects ?

2. deepcanyon1

deepcanyon1 New Member

He wants me to take oligomeric proanthocyanidins...it has grape seed, red wine extract, pine bark extract, bilberry extract and citrus extract biollavonoids. Its an antioxidant and not sure what that means.
    does it mean it flushes your system or just suppose to build me up?
  3. deepcanyon1

deepcanyon1 New Member

I am so new at all of this I don't know what alot of these things are.
    And not sure what company but when I did google the product theirs a health site that seels it for half the price for 90 days supply and it had the same ingrediants. Me and my hubby are just so confused we don't know what to do or who knows what they are talking about when it comes from the drs. anymore.
    I have had a really bad pain in the back of my neck and when I turn my head to the right it pulls all the way into the top of my head and gives me a headache started about 3 days ago. Hubby thinks I pulled something in my shoulder.
    Not sure what to do anymore
  4. deepcanyon1

deepcanyon1 New Member

I would really appreciate it if you would let me know what book to read so i can learn more all this reading on the different sites on google are just confusing us more.
    And thanks I will get my hubby to rub my shoulder when he gets in from work and try and get it to relax. And why ice and not a heating pad ?
    Thanks for all the info

5. deepcanyon1

deepcanyon1 New Member

Thanks to all who have helped me out with this and understanding the grape seed extract I went to the vitamin shoppe today and got a bottle of 50mg grape seed extract for 10.99. Because I wasn't sure what mg to get so thought i would start with the least and see how it works.
    And also thanks for helping to understand the ice and not heat cause heat always feels so good to someone that gets so cold all the time.
    I am very thankful that I found this site and there are people that are willing to be so helpful and honest about any subject with these diseases.

6. lingling

lingling New Member

I would like to say something about the product OPC3. I have just started taking this product two months ago. I am feeling great. I ahve read acouple books before I started using this product. I would recommend these books to anyone wants to know more about OPC3.

"Live better, longer" by Passwater Richard A.
    "what your doctor doesn't know about nutrional medicine maybe killing you" by Ray D. Straand, MD

Hope you learn more about the product.