Open my eyes Lord

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Takesha, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Takesha

Takesha New Member

This was my scripture reading for this morning, I thought I'd share it.

Jos 10:24 And it happened, when they brought out these kings to Joshua, Joshua called to every man of Israel and said to the commanders of the men of war who had gone with him, Draw near, set your feet on the necks of these kings. And they drew near and set their feet on their necks.
    Jos 10:25 And Joshua said to them, Do not fear nor be afraid. Be strong and brave, for so Jehovah shall do to all your enemies with whom you are fighting.

Commentary-Jos 10:25 -
    And Joshua said, rest not, nor be dismayed,.... Not meaning the kings, who perhaps lay bound upon the ground, and how were not in a condition to make any resistance, so that they had nothing to fear from them; But this respects future time, and what other enemies they should meet with; who would be brought into subjection to them as these were, and therefore from hence should take heart:

be strong, and of good courage; and go on valiantly in subduing the rest of their enemies, and not be afraid of them: for thus shall the Lord do to ALL your enemies against whom YOU fight; put them into their hands, and give them power to tread on their necks: this shows that what Joshua did, or ordered to be done, was of the Lord.

To often I feel weak, and helpless, and in truth I am- in my own strength,MUCH TO FREQUENTLY, I forget that God has already defeated my enemies. They loom up so large in front of me, in my mind and in my body, it's hard to actively believe and live like the price has already been paid for my deliverance, my healing,my joy. I need only to have my eyes, and heart opened by God, thru faith, in order to see it.
    I am praying that the Father will open my spiritual eyes so that I can see the true meaning of what Christ was talking about when he said "It is finished"

2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

One of my favorite stories is about Balaam and the ass in Numbers 22 when the mule sees the angel with the sword and after being struck by Balaam, God allows the mule to speak.
    I figure, if God can reveal himself to a mule, than I should be able to see Him too.
  3. Takesha

Takesha New Member

How did you know that??? Do you really live next door? grin...Ah, I see a spirit of discernment. You sure got me pegged! lol
    Takesha