Operation in January

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by enivalorac, Dec 19, 2002.

1. enivalorac

enivalorac New Member

I have to go into hospital in January for a repair job to a previously botched hysterectomy... Has any one else had problems following major surgery because of the CFIDS/Fibro ? if so .. how did you cope? is the CFIDS likely to cause any problems and will it mean an increase in the pain level ?? just wondering because i always react badly to anaesthetics any way .. and if this is common with CFIDS . i need to alert the doctors .. thanks .. Carol
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm sorry you have to go back in the hospital. I had a hysterectomy last month. The surgery went fine, anesthesia went fine. But when I woke up in my room, I was in a lot of pain from the FMS. I had to stop taking vitamins and supplements 2 weeks before surgery, which meant no Magnesium. I was in so much pain in my hips and rear end! It was worse than the pain from surgery. I don't know what to tell you. I was taking morphine. I had the FMS pain when I went home. As soon as I got home I started taking Magnesium again. Within a week or so the FMS pain went away. I'm sorry to tell you this........

Annette2

[ advertisement ]