OPIATES ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly99, Jul 26, 2006.

1. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

Anyone on Opiates? Im looking into going on them for the awful pain. The reasearch I have done shows they look like the perfect choice for FM pain. Im on Ultram 100mg x 4 helps with RLS but not pain, Im on Soma help for a short time and then I have to take more It doesnt stop the core pain.. I am also on Threelac for Candida, I am a vegan, have therapy ball, rebounder-small trapoline-(love).try to stay up with a regular routine of yoga,very hard, It hurts so much! any experiance with them? thanks
    Amy
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

When I got to 100mg. of ultram my rheumy sent me to pain management clinic. Was put on Lortab 7.5 x4 along with the flexeril x3 and amitriptyline at night for sleep. Those people understand pain!! Without them I wouldn't be able to work!!
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hi amy
    i'm on tramadol and can take up to 300mg a day but i usually get by ok on 200mg

tizanidine to help stop the cramping and spasms

amitriptyline at night for sleep.

with this lot as well as being a mum to two i have 3 dogs, work for 2 rescue organisations and am studying to be a dog training instructor.

without my med list i would be the vomiting lump on sofa :(

its good you are trying to stay active but always remember to stop well short of your limit or your limit next time will grow shorter. i still have to remember to pace myself.

i should add - tramadol is a synthetic opioid and i much prefer it to the morphine i was on xxxx[This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  4. ChristineInPA

ChristineInPA New Member

I thought you were offering.

5. Roseecoop

Roseecoop New Member

I take 3 40 mg. pills of Oxycontin daily. It's the only med I have ever been on that has made me feel better and so much less pain. I also take Flexeril but usually just on days when I'm having a major flair up. They pretty much knock me out.
  6. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Methadone and Vicodin. Sadly, that's what helps me function.

I never wanted to have to depend on opiates, but you know what? This is the way things have turned out, and I figure that others with different diseases have to 'depend' on meds to keep them well, so I shouldn't have to feel stigmatized by my meds, either!!

Yes, I take 30mg of methadone, and vicodin as needed. Since I am only 3 weeks post-op right now, believe me, the vicodin is MUCH NEEDED!! HA!! PG
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

christine
  8. Nikki

Nikki Member

I take hydrocodone 7.5 - (1) 4x/day. Once I was rx/d Oyxcontin (endocet) which is suppose to be 10x stronger than hydro 7.5, but it did absolutely nothing for my pain.

Started yoga a few weeks ago. I believe it is really going to help me.

I also have an appt w/rheumy in a couple of weeks. I have scheduled injections for shoulders & hips. I have FMS, CFID, Osteoarthritis, Bursitis, Tendonitis & Shin Splints

Good luck in your journey to find some pain relief.

Nikki