opiates--hard day but triumphed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by satchya, May 15, 2009.

1. satchya

satchya New Member

I had a very hard day yesterday. The day before yesterday I had such a busy day. So much physical work to do. And THEN my mother in law called. And she does not shut up. She yammers on and on and on for an hour and a half every single time. It hurts to hold the phone to my ear all that time, and she only talks about herself and her every boring detail of her life. My body and neck and shoulders and brain were in so much pain.

I ended up not being able to sleep all night. I tossed and turned and hurt. I wanted to load up on pain medicine SO bad. And when I got up I hurt SO bad. I was exhausted. I took my youngest child with me to the gym. That actually felt good. I was surprised. I went to the Farmer's Market and loaded up on healthy fruits and veggies (cause I do that on Fridays now that it's the season). I got three new tomato plants to add to my vegetable garden, one is an heirloom variety, I'm so excited to put it in this weekend. And I got a bouquet of peonies that are gorgeous, to feed my soul.

By evening I hurt so bad all over I was trembling. I kept my kids busy all afternoon by playing "chores". hehe. We made pizza for dinner. We made brownies for dessert. We watered the garden and flower pots. We cleaned up the house and let the pet rats out to play. My husband was like, maybe you should take some pain medicine just tonight since you're hurting so bad. And I really wanted to. But I said "I can't do that now if that's not what I'm going to do in the future."

So we decided to have him massage me a little. And that was actually very relaxing. I also tried drinking lots and lots of extra water. And I went to bed a couple of hours early. I ended up sleeping pretty well last night. This morning I don't hurt nearly as bad. And I didn't end up needing to take pain medicine.

The moral of this story is. . . .Don't talk to your mother in law on the phone!!
  2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Good for you! And good moral to the story! hahaha. We all have to fight a little at a time and I am also still having a few days of struggle, especially if I gluten myself. I try so hard to stay gluten free but we don't have a lot of money right now and a girl's gotta eat so sometimes it doesn't go so well and it's so tempting to take pain killers to get the pain to go away... But I just remind myself that I created the pain so I need to be strong to fight it and it's really not bad enough to warrant darvocet so I try to do something to take my mind off of it and usually I make it through the day.

Good luck to you!
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

My daughter in law I am sure she feels that at times. Then sometimes I want to say please do not call me.

Sorry you did not feel good but what a great day you had. Enjoy those children and I hope I am going to do half that much, this summer when I get my Grandchildren.

You gave me good ideas, I am going to plant impatiens even though they are boys every year they plant them with me. Have not thought about planting some veggies in the back that is good idea. We have a farmers market also. They want money so they are going to have to earn it.

I could not help but have a good laugh with your moral to story!!!