Opinion on colon cleanse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cupimick, May 19, 2006.

1. cupimick

cupimick Member

Since,
    we don't get sleep , all I seem to have is TV. and sick to death of infomercials One thing I saw worth mentioning.

They had a Dr and a few other guests interviewed and according to what they say it makes sense.

Sorry, if it bothers you to read but according this show it basically explains how those of us on painkillers and are constipated for a long period, years for some of us, it is toxic and it affects so many other problems we may have.

I've been dealing w this for 5 years and it freaks me out to think I am carrying around 20 or more pounds of you know what. They said that when they did autopsy on John Wayne , the actor he had 45 pounds of it .

I do laxatives but its tough to deal with these side effects . Any Thoughts?

DEanna
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm always suscpicious of those infomercials. Many of them are just bunk. They can get people to say whatever they want and many people will believe them. People like us who are sick and have no cure are more susceptible to things like this.

Some will disagree but I don't think there is a lot of real evidence that we are carrying around that much stuff in our colons. It will be interesting to see what others have to say.

Kathy.
  3. Scapper

Scapper New Member

It is very important. It's extremely toxic to allow "stuff" to build up in the intestines. Keeping the small and large intestines in good health is a basic foundation for health. When our intestines are blocked up, usually from the foods we eat, we cannot absorb our nutrients properly. When our colon becomes blocked, we get more and more toxic.

What were they trying to sell anyway?

If you're interested in doing a total cleanse, I'm sure you can find whatever you need in the health food store. I've never looked at the Prohealth products, but perhaps they have good cleansing products as well.

I like stormskye's suggestions. All natural, simple and you can do this daily.

An old wholistic practitioner of mine used to highly recommend drinking hot water with lemon first thing in a.m. Not only very alkalizing but good for moving toxins out.

Be careful not to over use common laxatives.

Thanks for the post. I needed this reminder. I'm eating horrible lately and really feeling it!

scapper
  4. chloediane

chloediane New Member

I had IBS for a number of years. The primary symptoms were constipation and nausea. I tried everything, gagging down healthy concoction such as aloe vera juice each morning on an empty stomach. Colon cleanse products from the health food store. Metamucil was the worst remedy, with its nasty taste and bloating propensities.

I was at a health spa in the Catskills and they offered colonics. I figured they would have a professional, safe operation so I tried it. It was not unpleasant (not pleasant, either) and it was cleasing. I felt much better afterwards but no long-lasting results. The IBS wasn't miraculously cured.

At any rate, I discovered by accident that Panda brand licorice was the cure for me, at least. The ingredients are molasses, wheat flour, licorice flavor. The boxes are 7oz and sell for 1.99-2.69. depending on store. Drugstore.com sells them. I put them in the freezer and they are a frozen treat that takes care of my constipation problem. One box a day; no pain, no strain, so to speak.

Regards,
    Diane
    [This Message was Edited on 05/20/2006]
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Please be very careful and gentle to your colon. Talk with your doctor first. I believe that you can release more toxic things than your appendex can handle especialy if you also do colon rinses at the same time. And thats all I've got to say about that deal. It cost me $27,000 to find that out the hard way!lol
    Dee50
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

I did try Phazyme this week because, well, you know................. I work in a classroom. Nothing would be more hilarious to the kids!! One helped a little but two took care of business. Two is the limit for one day.
    It is simithicone like mylicon. No side effects.
  7. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

according to snopes.com, the story about John Wayne is false. it says there was not even an autopsy performed on the body.

Linda
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I did a very gradual colon cleanse with Capra Cleanse and it helped my IBS tremendously. Whenever I get "backed up" I just use these for a few days and they really help.