Opinions on Aricept for fibrofog?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elanor, Mar 29, 2006.

1. elanor

elanor New Member

Hi! I'm new to the board but was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1994. Although my mother had lupus, I had never heard of the lovely FM. Anyway, a fibrofriend suggested I talk to my doc about Aricept for those "cognitive deficits" that can make me feel like a totally brainless person. Have any of you had success or no success with Aricept? Of course I'll still ask the doc, but some real life experiences might make me feel better informed. Thanks!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

3. hubby

hubby New Member

4. jess

jess New Member

Hi Elanor, I remember reading an article about Aricept the other day. I thought it was used for vascular dimentia and alzheimers patients. If this is the one then you had better do some research on it. What i read is that it is dangerous. I believe it said it could cause heart attacks or strokes for these patients and that it doesn't work. Of course I could be wrong, that is maybe you are talking about another drug. Anyhow, I hopeyou find some help. Jess
  5. ncats

ncats New Member

Here is the artical found on Mercola site. Too scarey!!

Japanese drugmaker Eisal announced 11 patients died during a trial for Aricept, a cholinesterase inhibitor, which was being tested as a treatment for vascular dementia. None of the patients who received a placebo, rather than Aricept, suffered any ill effects.