Opinions on Ken Lassesen's FWIW Protocol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Aug 11, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

hi all,

after returning from a short, flare-free (yay!) vacation, i've followed through on a plan to give ken lassesen's anti-viral protocol a try. for those unfamiliar, it's fairly straight forward involving the use of vitamin D, anti-coagulants and anti-virals/antibiotics.

i started dosing on 1000 i.u. vitamin D two days ago and immediately noticed an immune response though i haven't experienced the body temperature rise he mentions. lassesen mentions that one might experience a "herx" from vitamin D but i wonder if he's using that word interchangeably with "immune response."

are we just making ourselves miserable by stimulating an immune response? i understand that during a herx the body goes on a killing spree, but does stimulating the immune response really affect the healing process? i guess the ultimate goal is to stimulate your way to a herx??

i plan on proceeding from vitamin d to samento (seemed to help me in the past) to famvir. i'd love to hear from anyone that's tried the protocol and how they fared.

be well,
    eddie [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]
  2. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

3. tansy

tansy New Member

and my son uses those aimed at treating inflammation, immune system modulation, and coagulopathies. They have definitely helped us and others.

I think diet and getting the GI tract healthy and functioning properly is essential, I also feel Ken's approach is a good one to try before going for anything more specific; especially the more physically challenging Tx.

Many of us raise our vit D dose a lot more slowly than you have done. IMHO supporting, strengthening, and rebalancing the the IS is more useful than stimulating it; vit D should help with that, and other problems frequently posted about here.

I learned the hard way not to herx too hard or for too long, same goes for any detox protocols. Overwhelming the body with too high levels of toxins and die off, ie more than the body can excrete, is counter productive in my opinion.

Good luck
    TC, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]