Opinions please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fern, Nov 4, 2002.

1. fern

fern New Member

Hi everyone.It's been a very long time since I have posted here. I suppose that I have needed some time to not focus on my FMS. I have been working on keeping active and also maintaining good nutritional support. I have however been developing some new symptoms and thought that I could use some feedback.
    I have been developing rashes on my upper chest, my throat, and my inner thighs. The rashes show up all at once and can be gone just as quickly.They don't itch at all. I know that Lupus is known for rashes does anyone know anything about rashes and FMS?
    The other symtom is very strange and I am not sure that I know how to discribe it very well. If I am very busy at work and under any stress I have a problem with my mouth. It is like I don't have complete control of my lips. I can talk but sometimes it feels like I may lose some spit when I am forming my words. My lips are not numb but they somehow feel very awkard and clumsy. Can any one shed some light on this? I must admit I beginning to feel embarrased by this.

fern
  2. fern

fern New Member

Hi everyone.It's been a very long time since I have posted here. I suppose that I have needed some time to not focus on my FMS. I have been working on keeping active and also maintaining good nutritional support. I have however been developing some new symptoms and thought that I could use some feedback.
    I have been developing rashes on my upper chest, my throat, and my inner thighs. The rashes show up all at once and can be gone just as quickly.They don't itch at all. I know that Lupus is known for rashes does anyone know anything about rashes and FMS?
    The other symtom is very strange and I am not sure that I know how to discribe it very well. If I am very busy at work and under any stress I have a problem with my mouth. It is like I don't have complete control of my lips. I can talk but sometimes it feels like I may lose some spit when I am forming my words. My lips are not numb but they somehow feel very awkard and clumsy. Can any one shed some light on this? I must admit I beginning to feel embarrased by this.

fern
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I don't have the rashes, but I have strange lip/mouth stuff, too. My rheumy thinks I have sjogren's in addition to FM/CFS even tho my labs look OK, because my mouth is ordinarily bone dry-- yet sometimes, I feel like I'm losing saliva from the corners of my mouth when I talk. My lips also sometimes have a light buzzing sensation. Don't have this all the time, but when I do, it's a really odd feeling. That's why I don't take the Evoxac (sjogren's med) my doc suggested, because while 95% of the time I'm so very dry, at these other times, I seem to produce TOO much saliva. You mentioned stress---I'm not sure if mine is related to stress or not, I've not paid attention to what's going on when I feel this way. Anyway, the quirky, strange more neurological symptoms of this illness are the most frustrating, aren't they? At least everybody knows what pain is, what fatigue is...the drooling, twitching, buzzing is so much harder to explain to those who aren't "us" and don't understand...hope it gets better for you, Fern.

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. fern

fern New Member

Karen and Pam

Thank you both. I have been tested for Lupus and it was negative. I do have a lot of numbness in my arms and hands and my Dr. is aware of this. I supposed I shouldn't be alarmed if it is showing up in other places. Come to think of it there is a bit of tingling in my lips.It is nice to hear that others have similar experiences. I guess it may be time to get it all checked out again. Thanks for the advice.

fern
  5. fern

fern New Member

Good morning everyone. I am bumping up this message just in case I may get any more information. Thanks.

fern
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome back! Glad to see you posting again.

I only get that feeling in my lips when I am on the verge of a panic attack.

I did have tingling and numbness for a while other places, but since I started taking magnesium (Pro Energy, Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate to be exact!) and ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium and B-6)it does not happen anymore.

As for the rash, no I have not gotten a rash yet. There was a post a few days ago asking about rashes. See if I can find it for you.

Glad to see you back, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]