Opinions wanted.. Was doing better but now setback

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Mar 13, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Haven't been around in a while and was doing considerably better for the past 2 months. However I had a cold that developed into sever brochitis... Almost done with my antibiotic treatment but for the past 3 days I've been experiencing my muscle and joint aches really bad. I've also been waking up ALOT more durring the night and been waking up feeling completly drained again.. Oh yeah, I also styarted with my night sweats again which are worse than they were before... Some nights I actually have to change shirts 2-3 times a night!!

I've been on NO meds now since the end of December and was doing really good since the beginning of January(about 70% of how I used to feel before I started with the FM). This is about the norm for me for the past 1 1/2 years but had never had this long of a period of doing better. Normally it's 3 weeks or so at most.

My FM all started up around the time I had perocarditis and it seems that everytime I get a good infection in my system I get horrible flare ups... Does this all sound normal?? I've pretty much given up on my doctors as they weren't doing much to help me except taking my money!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2006]
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cczub:
    Any infections I get will trigger both the FM and especially the CFS. It takes a long while to get back to 'normal' pain, which means severe pain that will strike wherever, whenever.
    As for doctors: Why not doctor shop. Maybe a good rhuematologist can help you. I always believe in staying close to the doctors because: I know they know what I do not know and if I explain things precisely I usually get the help I need.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

anything that stresses our bodies can bring on a flare like surgeries, any illness and stress. I will often have more pain due to changes in the weather or just before my monthly period. I've had bronchitis a couple of times and remember how sick I was and how long it took me to fully recover. It's been several years since my last bout with it, but I'm sure my FMS pain was bad at the time, too.

That's great that you were able to go off meds for awhile. Maybe go back on them again until you are recovered from the bronchitis and infection?

Ellen
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

The problem is I don't really want to go back to the doctors.. They gave me was Lexapro and Xanax(which did nothing and they stopped it), prednisone(which made me feel worse) and Lunesta(which sorta worked at 3mg but didn't do much for me)... I did have a script for Ambien but never gave it a try as I was getting very fustrated by then.. I don't know what to do... This flare came up out of the blue and it's hitting me hard.... There was NO warning, a couple of days ago I woke up and all my joints started hurting... And they've been getting worse ever since.. I had actually put away the heating pad and had to pull it back out.
  5. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I can be having a good couple of days and any sort of infection makes me sick all over. I have problems with bladder and UTI infections and that will send me into a huge flare. The only thing I can think of is the meds. Nothing can bring you out of a flare but the meds make me more comfortable. Hugs to you cczub. Hope you feel better soon.
    Angela
  6. cczub

cczub New Member

What I really need is a good sleep med... Maybe I'll try to get the ambien filled. The OTC stuff helps me fall asleep but I wake up about 2 hours later. I'm also finding that I"m wakign up sometimes because of the night sweats.. I'll be warm but because my shirt is soaked I'm freezing and have to change..
  7. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Sorry to hear that you have had a setback.

I agree, probiotics are a must especially when you go on an antibiotic. It sounds like it has disrupted your immune system too. I agree with Stormyskye, that garlic would be good for you right now.

Try Kyolic liquid because it is strong. 1 tsp 4 times a day for one month. At the same time try Kyo-Green, it's chlorophyll, to help cleanse the gut of toxins, a TBSP three times a day in water. And drink lots of warm lemon water to flush. Are you taking any Magnesium?? This is a must especially when your body is stressed. Your cells will release a ton of this while under stress from a cold or virus, so you will need extra. This will help you sleep and reduce muscle pain. Start with 800mg or so and work up to 1000mg if necessary.

Also for sleep try Gaba Calm losenges, or Kava (but don't take more than 3 a day of the Kava), you can try Melatonin if you don't have any autoimmune diseases. I used to have insomnia pretty bad, so I had to try a few things. Ear plugs are enormously helpful.

Also, it's real important that we CFS/FM patients not get those nasty cold/flu bugs. (prevention is the key) I used to get the flu/cold which would turn into bronchitis ALL THE TIME. You need to prevent it from turning into bronchitis if possible. I have been able to do this by just trial and error. If you want look up "Influenza" or try my name. I spelled out a remedy that has worked very well for me and my family/friends. You can get everything at your local vitamin/natural store. It'll stomp on colds or flu bugs, so you won't get them so severely. I haven't had bronchitis for at least 5 years.

There's a tincture you can get at your vitamin/natural store called "Osha Lomatium". Take this whenever you get a cold. (I mention this just in case I didn't included this in my original "Influenza" post)

Hope you feel stronger soon...let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

skierchik
  8. cczub

cczub New Member

I'll look into this... Can I get this stuff at a healt/fitness store or a vitiman store?? Or do I have to order this stuff online? I"ll try doing some searches today.

My energy level is way down today... I'm finding it harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning. I hate it. I was doing so good too. I'm also my son's tball coach and this is the last thing I needed at this time of the year!
  9. skierchik

skierchik New Member

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll be back to good health soon.

Yes, you can get everything at a natural food store, like Whole Foods, or Wild Oats. In Colorado, we have a store called Vitamin Cottage and it's less expensive than W.F or W. Oats. If you don't have access to this, try www.iherb.com. I've ordered stuff from them and their prices are quite competitive.

Let us know if we can help anymore.

Hugs,

skierchik