Opps I did it again

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by daylight, May 15, 2008.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I was at practice last night for our worship team . And I heard that they were in a jam a member had stepped down. So I volunteered to sing. Yeks!!! what was thinking??? I heard the words coming out of my mouth when I said it but ....
    I haven't sang in on a team in years. Most because the muscles in my throat spasm out and pain from my RA ect....... illness.
    I need prayer that God reveal to me if the is truly His will and not my just trying to help fill a need. I used to have a (good?) voice but that was then. I'm not the next American idol. So I need a lot of prayer maybe fasting for this one. I take leadership positions truly to heart and I don't want to mess someone up because of a possible lost skill. Ok I know some of you may be laughing but I'm serious . =) I know that it is the heart that matters and God will provide if this is truly what He wants . I just need to be sure that this is His will for me and that I'm not taking some one elses place . I'm nervous too.
    Anywho with all the things to be concerned about I worried about this one. Go figure?
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for you to know if you will be able to sing or not.

For God to give you His wisdom and guidance.

Judy
  3. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

In my lifetime I've heard several people singing to God and they never could carry a tune in a bucket. As far as I know , He has never complained. His love is so much larger than ours that it can be difficult for us to understand and/or believe.

Blessings ,

b/c
  4. daylight

daylight New Member

I needed a laugh today thank you. Well hopefully I can still care a tune in a bucket. But I need a lot a practice to get the voice back to want it used to be.
  5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I understand better than you will ever know.

God gave me some talents that I haven't utilized to the fullest.........and one of them was music.

I can't do a lot of things as good as I used to be able to do , but , I still try.

Blessings ,

b/c