Oprah/Harpo's response to my post on Oprah's board for FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Oct 5, 2002.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I posted a message on the FMS board at Oprah's site. My name is Katie Dolan and you'll be able to find it under the newest messages once you get to fibromyalgia. I'm going to post the response to my message.

"Hi,
    If you'd like to make a show suggestion, we have an area here at Oprah.com to do so! Just click on the E-MAIL Us button on the left hand side of the page, then click on link in the "Your Story" area.

I hope this helps!

HarpoBoard5 | Oprah.com"

Maybe if we do make requests in numbers on a regular schedule, they'll listen over at Harpo. Couldn't hurt to try! Here's the link, you'll have to copy/paste it to get there.

(Edited by moderator)

Then go to the bottom to look at the newest posts. They'll also probably have you join first. I've never received any mail, phone calls from giving my information.[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2002]
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I posted a message on the FMS board at Oprah's site. My name is Katie Dolan and you'll be able to find it under the newest messages once you get to fibromyalgia. I'm going to post the response to my message.

"Hi,
    If you'd like to make a show suggestion, we have an area here at Oprah.com to do so! Just click on the E-MAIL Us button on the left hand side of the page, then click on link in the "Your Story" area.

I hope this helps!

HarpoBoard5 | Oprah.com"

Maybe if we do make requests in numbers on a regular schedule, they'll listen over at Harpo. Couldn't hurt to try! Here's the link, you'll have to copy/paste it to get there.

(Edited by moderator)

Then go to the bottom to look at the newest posts. They'll also probably have you join first. I've never received any mail, phone calls from giving my information.[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2002]
  3. sean

sean New Member

the link won't work, Permission denied, you need to join the site, and there's no way I'm joining that dumb failed movie stars, site. Can't stand the woman.
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

she was going to so a fibro show at one time, should be here in the recent ones, within the past few days.

Jaci
  5. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I do think that we have to make alot of requests from different people in order to be heard. Sean, I understand that you don't want ot join. But, many of us would just to have a voice. It couldn't hurt...no pun intended. dolsgirl
  6. TracyV

TracyV New Member

If you go to the seach messages box and type in Oprah you will see 215 messages come up on this subject. I have written oprah before about infertility, so have millions of others, that is another subject she refuses to touch also. I live close to a resort where lots of stars visit, and one of my neighbors is the bar manager there, I asked him once who was the rudest star he ever met there, he's answer was "Oprah!" Said he would call in sick next time she is there. She doesn't seem to touch any issues unless it makes her look good.
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

You posted these exact words before in another post:

"dumb failed movie stars, site. Can't stand the woman."

LOL. She's not a failed movie star and she certainly ain't DUMB!

Marilyn :)
  8. sean

sean New Member

As far as I'm aware I only posted this once, unless I'm going doolally wappy, Or there is an imposter on the board, using my name. LOL,
  9. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I know I've seen it before, unless it was this post, but I don't remember the other responses just before yours.... that's why I figured it was the second time you'd said that. (Maybe on the Let's Bash Dr.Phil post?)Your bio doesn't say if you are male or female, but because of the way you said "can't stand the woman"....you sound like a male. Is I or or is I not correct? :) I'm off to the Nascar race now, have a LOVERLY Sunday! (yes, I really CAN spell and use proper English, just don't feel like it today!)

Marilyn :)
  10. sean

sean New Member

Hi marilyn your right I am a man, well for the time being anyway, until I have my sex change next month, Only joking LOL. Enjoy the racing, we don't have nascars, over here in the U.K, but we have something very simmilar called touring cars. Oh and by the way your english is better than mine. Take care ---sean---