OPRAH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilladybug, Oct 3, 2002.

1. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

JUST HAD to repost this in the hopes that we could properly and politely bombard OPRAH with emails.....in light of her recent award.....maybe, say 1 or 2 a day from each of us and our family members, caregivers ,friends , neighbors , and all other people who are affected from this, by this, and with this.

Seriously, this is an *opportune* time to correspond (or try to) with Oprah, what with her just recieving the "BOB HOPE HUMANITARIAN AWARD" and all......? I in no way understate any of the wonderful gifts Oprah has bestowed upon the world, BUT....It's a sad joke for someone who won't listen, or even try to understand, but as I always said to my docs when they bickered behind my back or said "Now WHAT can we do for you?!"
    GOD FORBID YOU GET THIS ILLNESS.

From all of the info I have packed into my brain (before and after the fog LOL!) this illness is growing in numbers and leaps and bounds. We (CFIDS AND FMS) are a group in which *our* numbers alone beat: AIDS, Breast Cancer, Uterine Cancer and so on and so on.....that is staggering, my friends. Someone will take notice....I bet if Gayle (Oprahs best friend or Steadman, her boyfriend) were to "*all in their heads* come down with this" - it would be a totally different story OR the same result as Elizabeth Taylor and Elton John with their AIDS Foundations...Who knows maybe more....? *sigh*

But like I said before.....GOD FORBID YOU GET THIS ILLNESS.
  2. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

JUST HAD to repost this in the hopes that we could properly and politely bombard OPRAH with emails.....in light of her recent award.....maybe, say 1 or 2 a day from each of us and our family members, caregivers ,friends , neighbors , and all other people who are affected from this, by this, and with this.

Seriously, this is an *opportune* time to correspond (or try to) with Oprah, what with her just recieving the "BOB HOPE HUMANITARIAN AWARD" and all......? I in no way understate any of the wonderful gifts Oprah has bestowed upon the world, BUT....It's a sad joke for someone who won't listen, or even try to understand, but as I always said to my docs when they bickered behind my back or said "Now WHAT can we do for you?!"
    GOD FORBID YOU GET THIS ILLNESS.

From all of the info I have packed into my brain (before and after the fog LOL!) this illness is growing in numbers and leaps and bounds. We (CFIDS AND FMS) are a group in which *our* numbers alone beat: AIDS, Breast Cancer, Uterine Cancer and so on and so on.....that is staggering, my friends. Someone will take notice....I bet if Gayle (Oprahs best friend or Steadman, her boyfriend) were to "*all in their heads* come down with this" - it would be a totally different story OR the same result as Elizabeth Taylor and Elton John with their AIDS Foundations...Who knows maybe more....? *sigh*

But like I said before.....GOD FORBID YOU GET THIS ILLNESS.
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I do think that if it effected her personally, she would do a program on it. FMS/CFS doesn't get the exposure that it needs, so it just doens't 'get' exposure. If it got exposure, it would 'get' more exposure. Vicious cycle. dolsgirl