Optimistic1

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, Jun 10, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I noticed in your profile that you are from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My parents are from that area. Dad was raised in Wauwatosa, and Mom is from West Allis. Mom will be 70 on June 30, this year. I wonder if you know each other?

I still have cousins all over Wi. One even lives in Brookeville, near West Allis. My aunt, Beth Rockhill, passed away last year.

God Bless.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Bump for Optimistic1.

God Bless.
  3. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I am so happy to hear from you!

Yes, we're from Milwaukee,forever. Love Wi. Your parents are "neighbors" of ours. We live in Glendale. Wonderful to know that our posts are read and getting a response is even better.

Coincidentally, I too will be 70 in July----same age as your Mom.

I see you are in Maryland, we love that part of the country.
    Hope your health is good and getting better. Mine is fair but I keep hoping. Looks like we started posting at about the same time.

Be well, and thank you much for this contact.

Love,
    Arlene
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I have family in Glendale! On Epping Ct. Betty passed away about 1 1/2 years ago, but Gus is still there. He's 87 now.

Are you near them? I love finding "family"! LOL And I love Wisconsin.

God Bless.
  5. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I don't think we know them, sorry. Glendale is a pretty large area. I'm not even familiar with Epping Ct.

We are on Green Bay and Good Hope. Are you familiar with where this is? Its a small world after all.

Did you ever live in Milwaukee?

God bless you too,
    Arlene
  6. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Bump
    Thank you!!
  7. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

8. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I lived in Milwaukee for less than a week when I was a wee kiddy. Don't rightly remember it. But I have very fond memories of visits there throughout my childhood, and even my adulthood. I was there about three years ago, and saw Betty and Gus then. Betty was in a nursing home, but she says she recognized me. When I asked her who I was she said I was "verrrry interesting!" LOL I will miss her and look forward to our renunion in heaven.

I have a cousin in Brookfield (I think I said Brookville last time) and another cousin in Green Bay and another in Sheboygan. My mother is familiar with Jefferson, nad she left her wedding bouquet at the Our Lady of Fatima Shrine off of Bluemound at 68th and Stevenson in Wauwatosa. She went to Pius XI High School and St. Aloysius church and school in West Allis.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

God Bless.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]
  9. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

bump

God Bless.
  10. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

This is great! I hope your health is improving. FM is a tough one, isn't it? Its the only thing that's wrong with my life.

I keep waiting for a better day, but so far it hasn't happened. We can't give up though, can we?? That is what keep telling myself.

Hope your day is going well. I'm off for a massage and to run some small errands.

Be well, and thanks for the note,
    Arlene