or Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by islandgirl2, Nov 10, 2006.

1. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

Just a thought.....I was divorced over 6 years ago after a 35 year relationship... After the divorce my symptoms got much worse...of course the medical insurance left with the husband and I'm not sure which came first the fibro worsening or the depression but I read somewhere that divorce (or any major stress) really escallates things. So, my question is: "How many of us are divorced and which came first..the advanced fibro, the depression or the legal papers"? This is not to infur that the majority with fibro are divorced or were at one time...but I just think it would be interesting to post our thoughts. Thanks...have a great weekend.
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I was divorced 10 years ago and had chronic fatigue first. I then got the dx of depression. Now I have the Fibro and the depression plus a few other things thrown in. I think your right that major stress can push the DD over the edge so to speak. I also think that getting out of a major stress situation can cause the DD to flare. That is how I ended up with Fibro. I had just gotten out of a major stress situation was working and everyone came down with the flu. Mine just never left. Here I am 3 years later and still battleing the Fibro and the Disability people. Still under major stress and still have the depression but now they have upgraded it to severe depression and PTSD plus something else that I don't remember. I think it is just a visious cycle that every one goes through......SueF