oral thrush

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mimmic, Jul 14, 2013.

1. mimmic

mimmic Member

has anyone had oral thrush only in throat w/symptoms of burning throat constantly. have taken nystatin for 2 weeks . not much improvement. thanks for any replies. mimic
  2. mimmic

mimmic Member

sorry in wrong forum. cant get it deleted.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

One of the moderators should be able to move your message to the appropriate forum. :)
  4. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Are you on any other medications?? The reason I ask is that I had a friend that was taking Methotrexate for RA, and she came down with thrush in her esophagus and stomach. Dr couldn't figure out why she had it.

I read her the side effects of Methotrexate and lo and behold, it was one of them...
  5. mimmic

mimmic Member

6. mimmic

mimmic Member

am on quite a few but the newest was a yr ago. it was Prilosec. so I wondered if that had somehow caused it. thanks for the reply. mimmic
  7. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Cutting way BACK on carbs and sugars would be a start nutrition wise.

Meds I guess can make things worse, for me I take very few and take Super Digestive Enzymes, 8Billion Probiotics and DGL (stomach lining protector) for all digestive issues...

Milk Thistle for liver support. I prefer all the above to pharma drugs. jam

I also use Hydrogen Peroxide with my mouth rinse daily....BUT the nutrition
    I believe is first and foremost to look at and perhaps some of meds do it too.