oral vs transdermal glutathione

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by eurodawg, Feb 2, 2013.

1. eurodawg

eurodawg New Member

Hi all. Thanks for starting this thread, it's been a great resource for me. I've been looking into getting some s-acetyl-glutathione for a couple months now (it's quite hard to get in Canada), and this forum has turned me on to some new sources :)

I wanted to share this page; it addresses many of the questions posted here regarding different forms of glutathione supplementation, including and focusing on S-acetyl-glutathione. The author cites many sources for those who are looking for peer-reviewed research.

http://www.nleducation.co.uk/resources/reviews/oral-glutathione-equivalent-to-iv-therapy/#_ftn11

I've just started using transdermal glutathione, but I'm hoping to get some oral acetylized stuff soon. The research I've seen shows that transdermal has the highest occurrence of side-effects (irritation, rashes) and is less effective at increasing plasma and whole-blood levels than oral liposomal glutathione. That said there does seem to be positive anecdotal reviews of glutathione creams in the Autism Spectrum community.

Thank you everyone, I hope you're all getting a little better every day.

2. mbofov

mbofov Member

I wonder how sublingual glutathione would compare? It's a lot cheaper than the acetyl-glutathione. Source Naturals makes a product called Chem Defense which has sublingual glutathione.

Thanks for posting the article!

Mary
  3. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Thanks for posting the link.
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I used to get vials to dump in my nebulizer cup of glutathione. Then my pharmacy quit making it. It did help a lot. I think inhaling it like they do for COPD is very helpful.