ordering tests yourself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moreinfoplease, Sep 10, 2008.

1. moreinfoplease

moreinfoplease New Member

I have seen a couple of sites online that allow you to order lab tests yourself (without a doctor), but they offer a limited number of tests.

Are there any out there which allow this for tests like HH6, lyme, EBV, etc?

2. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

and you need doctors to back you for a dx...and documentation... and social security will see right thru that too IF you even get get tests on your own.Insurance comoanies will not pay for tests you order either...

lab work is expensice and you need a doctors orders to do so.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. are you paying out-of-pocket for these tests? if so, any doctor would be happy to sign the requisition form.

4. moreinfoplease

moreinfoplease New Member

but at this point I appear to know about treatment options than the drs available to me at this time.

I have multiple diagnoses, just no drs willing or caring about real treatment.

I am considering paying for testing myself, but unfortunately my experience with drs has not been that they are willing to order tests as long as I am paying out of pocket.
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i am surprised. if you are paying yourself, you should be able to find any doctor to sign the forms. if you look around, any half-witted GP would do it - i am sure of it! with me, they are just happy to have me out of their hair! lol

the only trouble you might get into is, if the blood has to be centrifuged, you will have to find a way to have this done.

6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

google directlabs and medlabusa or medlabsusa....

as grammy27 said, if you can find a chiro or alt practitioner to sign off on tests, it's a cheaper option.