Orif ankle surgery broken fibula

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by foot2001, May 23, 2012.

1. foot2001

foot2001 New Member

I had surgery on the 26th april and am in a cast i displaced my fibula only and didnt have staples or stitches just steristrips. I have 5 screws and a plate in my ankle. my cast comes off in 2weeks which will be nearly 2 months of me being in a cast and unable to walk and i am very nervous about how i will feel when i learn to walk again i am getting married end of june so really want to be able to walk by then can anyone share any of there experiences with me or give me any tips. i ahve been very good resting my ankle alot plus still getting some movement around in my house so that i am getting some excersise my consultant told me 2 weeks ago my bone is healing nicely and he was happy with it. and he thinks i can walk right away once the cast comes off but i been reading online that some people have taken months after that untill they can walk. I am a busy active person so i really need to get back to work and orgainise my wedding properly. I have also been able to do some stretching excersises as my thigh has become a little stiff but the doctor said that could happen too.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have your doc order some physical therapy to get you back up on your feet. I'm so sorry you had to have surgery. I pray for a good outcome and a wonderful wedding.

Love, Mikie