Oscars, to me boring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaminhealth, Feb 25, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I liked some of it, thought the opening song was rather
    inappropriate...and I'm not pruddish....Seth Mc...... was just ok...

Daniel (Lincoln) had a great acceptance speech....

I didn't see any of the movies, so can't say much
    about the movies.....

Maybe I'll get back to the movie theatre some day, now that
    I'm sitting longer and better.

Oh, just remembered a surprise highlight, Michelle O presenting the
    best picture oscar...she looked so good. She's so bright.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/25/2013]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Almost never live up to the hype. I think what I saw, before I fell asleep, was pretty good by Oscar stds. I like Seth MacFarlane but agree about his show. I'm getting tired of vulgar shock substituting for humor.

Jennifer Lawrence's grandparents live here. How nice for the whole family. I think she looked beautiful. I watched Fashion Police on Mon. night but also fell asleep before the end. Oh, the dirty jokes and snarky remarks.

One thing I did notice is the difference in quality of makeup jobs on the Red Carpet. I know Adrienne Arpel does celebs for the Oscars. Being outside shows all the defects. Andrea Mitchell, on MSNBC and NBC, always looks beautiful despite having horrible acne scars and pits on both sides of her face just below her cheeks. Every now and then, she'll appear on another show with a less talented makeup artist and you can see how bad her skin is. No wonder I loves my makeup.

One thing I do dislike is the jokes written for the presenters. I think it's better to just present straight, without the gags. It's enough for us just to see celebs in all their regalia without making fools of themselves with third-rate, so-called jokes.

If I never saw another award show, I think I'd live.

Love, Mikie
  3. jaminhealth

from a man who thought the Oscars were a train wreck...
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Every year, someone pans the Oscars. It's an almost impossible venue to pull off well. I seldom see anyone who thinks these shows are great. Most people like some parts but not all. I think if people don't like them, they shouldn't watch.

Love, Mikie
  5. jaminhealth

Oscar people are having some difficulty to find the MC for next yr already.....

There have been good shows in the past in my mind, but this years, I could close my eyes and not miss anything....

Personally, I'd enjoy Whoope G....but who knows....
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hosting the Oscars can be a detriment to one's career. Why would anyone successful put his or her career in jeopardy by hosting these overblown things? I think it will become every more difficult to attract the talent.

Love, Mikie