Oscillococcinum, can it help flu-like candida die-off?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Aug 18, 2005.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I've been feeling achey and flu-like, but don't seem to have the flu. I'm treating systemic candida with Flucanozole which has been causing me to feel achey. Yesterday I took a hot epsom salts bath; used arnica gel; heating pad; advil. I got a little temporary relief.

Then, today, I got the idea to try oscillococcinum. It's a popular homeopathic remedy for flu. It can't hurt. I dug around in my medicine box, and found a package. So I took one dose tonight.

I hope I'm not imagining it, but I do feel some of that achey-ness has reduced in my back and shoulders. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow and let you know.

Has anyone else tried it for a similar situation?

Take care,
    Hopeful4
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

but I took a homeopathic for estrogen dominance and another tincture that went w/ it to asist the liver in detoxing excess estrogen. I was very doubtful, but it worked.

The Master Herbalist in Pembroke who has a healthstore recommended it when i told him my symptoms, PMS, severe cramps, severe swollen breasts. I called him again recently. He's only an hr and half from Ottawa and found out he does live blood analysis. So I'm going when I can.

Jeanne
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm sure it's easily found and could be invaluable to us going through all sorts of die offs. Homeopathics are very versatile, I doubt it's your imagination.

Jeanne
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi again Jeanne,
    Whatever I had is now gone! I took the Oscillococcinum for two days. On the evening of the second day I started to feel like the symptoms were nearly gone. Just in time for me to help with a memorial service for my dear aunt today. Last night I helped with food prep and putting together a photo album.

Today I was able to cook, schlep the food, help set-up, and say my part at the service. Just yesterday morning that would have not been possible. Yes, I'm a bit tired, but I was able to do what I could.

So, I'm thinking that the Oscillococcinum was very helpful. I cannot say for sure that it wasn't the flu, but most likely it was the die-off.

Since homeopathics are so safe, it's worth a try for others with flu-like symptoms.

Enjoy the day,
    Hopeful4
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I think I will try it also . I have always wondered if it would help with the achey fluish feeling , esp with herxing from ABX and die off from Bacterial toxins .

Thanks for sharing !

Hopeful , you may want to go to the library and read about
    the Schardt protocol . Some doctors USE diflucan to weaken and kill Lyme bacteria . It can cause major herxing if you have lyme. I will try to find the info and pull it up. Have you had a GOOD test for lyme ?
  6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

That's interesting! I didn't know diflucan was used for Lyme. I will have to check and see which Lyme test I had. I was tested through the FFC, and I think they are being successful at catching those people who do have Lyme. But I will take a look at my labs and see if I can find out which test it was.

What is ABX? I've not heard of the Schardt protocol and will look it up, too.

If you do try the oscillococcinum I hope it helps you. Herxing and die-off can be such misery!! Let us know if it helps.

Best wishes,
    Hopeful4
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

My lyme test was Igenex . Bowen Labs also has a reliable one . It was well worth the extra money to get a definitive answer .