Osler's WebWho has read this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ravenpaige, Feb 8, 2007.

1. ravenpaige

ravenpaige New Member

I'm in the middle of reading Osler's Web, never read it before. And I find it very interesting especially in the light of all the recent press, Montoya's results, etc. I'm wondering who else has read (or reread) it recently?

Also, for anyone who hasn't read it, I highly recommend it. I came down with CFS/FM in about 1996/97, and the book traces the history of CFS up until about 1995, so I found it quite informative.

Terri
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Do look in the search option here for it; we've had a zillion postings about it, and us oldsters always recommend it for anyone new to CFS/ME.

Thanks for recommending it again...it should be required reading for anyone diagnosed with CFS.

There's always hope!
    findmind
  3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I am currently reading it. I recommend it for everyone with CFS.

And for any of you who think that sitting around your home you have come up with the idea that you have figured out what causes this, you do a great disservice and disrespect to Dr's Peterson & Cheney, who spent 10,000's of hours in research, and $100,000's of dollars out of their own pockets on tests trying to piece this thing together. As well as the people who went thru the testing, trying to help all of us, giving countless vials of blood, spinal fluid, and tissue samples over the years.

There have been so many good people and Dr's over the years who have believed in this, and have worked to help figure this out. The problem is that the answer is not that simple, not one size fits all, and neither is the treatment.

So, if you haven't read it, please do so, and it will help open your eyes to a lot of things. Some good, some bad. But all very informative and well done.
  4. ravenpaige

ravenpaige New Member

Yes, it is a nice big heavy book. Lots of information, I hadn't thought of the alternate use, though :)

I got mine used on Amazon, but it cost more than $2. Guess I should have shopped around more. However, I do know several people that probably should read it, because they probably also have CFS (my two sisters, especially). One has been diagnosed with FM, but not CFS. So I may go to B&N and buy up their stock.