Osteoarthritis or RA?!?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by younglady89, Oct 27, 2008.

1. younglady89

younglady89 New Member

I have RA but i was reading on Osteoarthritis and it says it affects the hip, I wake up in the morning & I CANT WALK my right leg hurts so much I can barely lift it. So is it RA or Osteoarthritis?? Also I get a real bothersome feeling in my knees it doesnt hurt but it it does in a way. I wanted to know if people got that or is it just me? Does anyone have any suggestions on medications? Herbals? Because Im on Humira, methotrexate, & Naproxen but none of them seem to work anymore...
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Let me offer a suggestion. Before you try dosing yourself, talk to your doctor about getting a DEXA scan. They are recommended for those with R.A. A DEXA scan is painless, but it measures the density of your bones and will tell the doctor if you are losing height and the density of your bones and if you are osteopenic (spelling?), with osteoporosis, and it gives him a look at each area of the body to determine if your hips are in trouble or is it your neck, etc. Read the site below (which is several pages) which discusses DEXA scan in detail. I have a broken back and have to get one about every 18 months. It is measuring height loss, plus I am approaching osteopenic in my hips, which does make them hurt. Good luck.

http://www.medicinenet.com/bone_density_scan/article.htm