osteoarthritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roseylisa, Dec 27, 2005.

1. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

Was told last week by my doctor that I had osteoarthriis, just by an elevated Sed rate 41. I'm wondering how can they decide which kind of arthritis you have? He did no x rays only blood test. I have no changing joints or nodules, just aching in the joints. Anybody else....
  2. matildathehunney

matildathehunney New Member

Have been to my Primary Physician, and two Rheumatologists in the last year, and they told me I have osteoarthritis. (I figured this out already). They all said this condition does not show up on a blood test, it is a diagnosis made by the "doctor", sometimes with the help of an x-ray, which can document the damage to the joints, but I am not so sure to believe them quickly.
    Apparently, rheumatoid arthritis shows up on a blood test, not osteoarthritis. However, I have yet to find a definition or hear an explanation that tells a decent difference betwwen the two...I have painful swelling joints on all fingers of both hands, with nodules, and many joint aches.
    I have been told that the swelling is not supposed to hurt anymore after a month from onset, but Just Tell That To My Fingers!!!!!

Must be a new version of "Talk to the Hand". LOL

This info from my Drs. contradicts the info from yours. Maybe they can't get their stories straight. :)

Good luck, thank you for your post. Stay Strong.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]