OT – I am having an OMG day! Support needed!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bailey-smom, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have been asking for opinions for the past month and a half or so about what to do about my job. I feel sooo stressed all the time and have been in a constant flare for months & months because of it.

I let you know when I discussed my options with my District Manager & now I am letting you know that I have given my notice. It may seem strange but my last day is April 1. OMG!!!!!!!

I will still get my normal commission check on April 7th so I really have until May 1 to secure a different position but I am real nervous. It is a strange nervous because I feel pretty good just anxious.

I need you all to tell me that everything will be fine (I know it will) – I just need the extra support. I thought I would do this until retirement but I don’t think I could handle another 32 years of this stress!

Augh!
    Kelly
  2. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

Several years ago, I was in a very stressful position and HAD to quit before I had a nervous breakdown. I was pregnant and already had an 18 month old baby! I was scared to death. My husband worked but it was still very difficult. It was so strange though like everything just fell into place. I went from going home crying every day to serendipity. Like I just thought we would NEVER make it without me working. I didn't work full time for about a year and so many small miracles happened to get us through. Most important, I avoided some serious health and mental issues by getting out of that situation. I know everything will work out for the best for you too.
  3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I admire your courage to just go ahead and give your notice.

I stuck with my job longer than I should have until it really brought my health down. Things finally got better after 20 years ( yes, 20!). I'm still here, but I look back, and it probably wasn't a wise thing that I did.

I hope you find a job that will be what you want, and not be a stressful one!

Your friend,

Kinsie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2006]
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

for your support. Sometimes that is all a person needs is for someone to tell them it will be OK.

I did apply for a job with our county but I will not hear back until after Feb. 4th when the board meets to go over the applications.

It is just scary. OOOOOOh

Kelly
  5. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

You will be amazed how much of a difference your work environment can make in your overall health, etc.

I decided to leave my toxic work environment in November 2004 and it was the best decision I ever made!! I didn't land my current wonderful job until March 2005, but it was definitely worth it.

For one, it was so amazing to take some time off for once and to dedicate all that time to me and getting myself back to feeling good about me and well enough to work, etc.

The $$ part was stressful, but I managed and again, it was the best thing I've done for myself.

Good for you!! Good luck!!
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

is my advice. Of course you will be fine, it willbe a changing point for you. Stress you can live without for sure. You know, I used to work 15 hour days, be in demand, the expert etc. running for political position, perfect martha stewart wife, and when my DH got Head Injury that required 24 hr care, that all had to stop. Sold all we had to pay medical bills etc.I was always arty, so I turned to making dolls from Fimo and became a quite well known doll designer, designing for HSN and others. Then I got after ten years, arthritis of neck from all the sculpting and fine work, and at the same time had a later in life new baby who is autistic, so gave up the designing. I now take care of my family which includes my aging parents in law, and although we are not well off financially, we have no debt apart from a very small home loan. I even taught myself to upholster so I can get furniture for practically free. I call myself a "professional friend" now as a joke, as I have all the time to be a good friend even to strangers. Do I miss my "career" NO, not a bit. Despite the FM/CFS I am also writing a little so think my next "job" may be a writer. Go for it girl. Gut feelings always are the way to go.
    Love Anne