OT 3rd week of LOST...comments?/closed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by llama, Oct 18, 2006.

1. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

Well, what'd you think? Good to see Hurley, John and all.
    Still digesting what this episode was all about.

Wondering why John couldn't speak. What he "ate" while in the sweat tent (hallucinogen?). What always amazes me is how relatively calm the survivors on the beach are, maybe they've been so traumatized by now that "crisis" has become the norm.

Will probably post later, haven't gotten any theories coming to mind yet..hehe. Hope everyone that's interested in this show will put their 2 cents worth in, it seems to spark some good questions and theories if there's more input...........Jill............
    [This Message was Edited on 10/25/2006]
  2. llama

llama New Member

3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

i'm still soakin it all in .. hmmmmm, that meditation was scary - the drug thing hmmmmm. Guess lock went to the army after that cause he was still walking in that flashback.

we will have to think of more theories...
    wow soooooo tired - gotta go nite nite & hope to sleep tonight.
    talk to you soon
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. llama

llama New Member

Hi kimba and all,

LOST is the kind of show that I could just pull my hair out trying to figure out! That's the paradox what makes the show so addicting is also what makes it so frustrating.

You're never sure where reality begins and halluncinations end ....like when Locke is speaking to Eko (who at the time is probably unconscious)and receives messages from him. Seems like the writers were definitely trying to make a point about whether Locke is a "hunter" or not.

I guess I'll have to cheat and go to the fuselage.com site and see what other, apparently more astute minds are theorizing!

Talk later...thanks Kim..........Jill.........
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I am very LOST!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a huge fan and have been from episode one! This season is just so darn confusing!!!

The sweatlodge is a way of meditating and it allowed the island to "speak" to Locke.

I thought it was pretty interesting that Boone showed up in his hallucination though. That was really neat! I think Boone will haunt him for a long time.

I also think that the flashbacks to John's life on that peach farm are leading up to explain what put him in a wheelchair.

I think he IS a hunter and hunts down the undercover cop but winds up in some sort of accident (not sure what kind yet) and that is what causes him to be in a wheelchair.

Oh and the flashback of him on the farm are after what happened with his Father. I say that because he mentions at the picnic table that it is nice to have a family now.

And about Mr. Eko talking to him although really still passed out. That is just another hallucination from Locke proving to himself that he IS indeed a hunter and it is his duty to save Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

Then Desmond telling Hurley about the "speech" that John "gave" and then Hurley hearing it. That was interesting! I have no idea what is going to happen with that! Maybe when the big sound happened it did something to Desmond's head and now he can predict the future.

LOL LOL LOL Okay sorry that was so long but that is just my take on this weeks episode!

I am going to have to go check that website out that you are talking about. I haven't looked at anything they have put out there on the web. Although my husband did that with last season.

Like when the shark was around the raft that Michael, Sawyer and Jin were on, the shark has the Darma logo on its fin. WEIRD!

LOL

Okay enough!

(((HUGS)))

kate
  6. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hey just wanted you to know that someone replied!

kate
  7. llama

llama New Member

Hi 4everkid & katemac329 and all,

I agree about Desmond being psychic, after all it would be a little strange to say "see you in another life" once let alone twice! Then again if he's psychic it must only be about certain things or else why would he have even attempted the sailboat race, knowing how it would end?

Not trying to be a smarty pants, just now digesting what your post said...also he would have KNOWN for sure the disaster of not entering the numbers. Just when I feel like I've had a little light turn on in my head it quickly seems darker than ever?!

I guess I'll blame this on Fibro fog, but I can't seem to remember the story line about "Scott"? Also agree about the abrupt intro. of the 2 new beach survivors.

It gets hard to remember all these names. It just occurred to me how ironic it is that people prone to cognitive failings would be so interested in a show called LOST!

Let's keep brain storming..........Jill.........
  8. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Who the heck are Scott and Steve???

Now I really AM lost!!!!

I have been watching LOST since the very first episode but I don't remember what you are talking about!

Is all this Steve and Scott talk from the first season?

Wow, you have some memory if it is!

kate
  9. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Okay, well I guess I am just going to have to go rent the first season of LOST now! LOL

I don't remember any of what you are talking about!!!! LOL

Hmmmm... You may be on to something about him being a prisoner or something. Who knows!

kate
  10. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

OMG! You actually have me cracking up out loud! I think it is funny too that we can hardly remember anything at all yet we are interested in a show so darn complex! LOL

I meant to comment on the two new characters. It was pretty cheesy to just throw the new survivors in there like they had been there the whole time. COME ON!! LOL

Oh and on Desmonds "see you in another life" I take that as just something people say but that is just me. I don't hold too much stock into that line even though he has said it more then once. I say things like that all the time not meaning anything by it.

Anyway, I can't wait until next week! They make Kate say whether or not she loves Sawyer. Why it matters? I think they are just playing on Kate and Sawyers emotions and the fact that they are held captive.

((HUGS))

"See you in another episode!"

kate

11. findmind

findmind New Member

I LOVE LOST!

But I'm lost, too....cannot remember any Scott and Steve, and don't know if it matters.

I think the magnet was designed to pull the plane out of the sky; that there are THREE groups of people on the island. OUR "good guys" (at least that's how they are portrayed); the "others", who may be previous planecrash victims; and a 3rd group...maybe the new characters are going to be from that group. No, they wouldn't have just let them walk into the group like that, right?

Where did I hear the whole thing is about redemption? Anyone hear that?

And the white bear? Where did that come from? Why is it there?

Desmond MAY be a plant from the others or the 3rd group, I think.

All very good drama tho', don't you think? Sure has me going..they better do something to unconfuse me tho', or I'll have to quit watching!

Surely this can't go on season after season, can it?

I am so unfound.

findmind

12. llama

llama New Member

Hey all,

Katemac glad you found the irony humorous in "our lost minds trying to figure out LOST!" You mentioned about next episode that they want Kate to maybe decide between Jack or Sawyer. I read a theory about starting a Utopian society, as in, Adam & Eve. My thoughts on that are how can a peaceful, idyllic society be started with flawed people.?

Findmind, I agree with 4everkid about why the strange animals on a tropical island. Dharma I. original mission back in the '70's when the De Groots (sp) started was to study all those scientific disciplines that have been mentioned before (like placing a polar bear in a total opposite environment).

I've read theories that the original Dharma people had disputes over what the goals were (good for mankind or mercenary motives)so they split, thus there maybe "3" groups of people. Sounds like the section of people that broke away from the original Dharma group might truly be the "bad people".......of course nothing is ever as it appears on LOST.

4everkid I finally do remember the Scott and Steve situation. I bought season 1 DVDs haven't bought season 2 since money's a little tight (will soon though). Sounds like we both agree about the "divided others". Ben Linus said he lived on the island his whole like, apparently a child of Dharma parents?

On the ABC website there is a section you can click on that shows the "connections" no matter how minor between each character...it's really interesting and helps to jog the memory. We have to keep somewhat current,this is only the beginning of the 3rd season and they say there'll be 5 seasons!?
    Thanks all for replys and lets keep analyzing!!..Jill..

[This Message was Edited on 10/21/2006]
  13. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I forget how complicated this show is until I talk to people or read these posts!! It really is funny that us brain fogged folks are so interested!

I missed the Steve/Scott thing too!

Hmm, a third group of others? Very interesting.

Can't wait till Wednesday!
  14. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I feel like my brain is in a ping pong game! LOL

I am so confused yet STILL very into and interested and can't wait until Wednesday night!

(((HUGS)))

kate
  15. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

Katemac you're sooo silly...just exactly the type of person I enjoy (am silly myself). But anyway is there some area of LOST that has really got you baffled?

Believe me, I'm pretty LOST myself, but you're welcome to run any questions/observations past me and just maybe I'll know. I read a lot of different web sites on LOST, so I feel I get a good prospective on what the average watcher of the show is pondering and what theories they come up with.

Yes, by now you've guessed that I have no life. But my fascination with the show beats the he!! out of laying around moaning about my DD. It has been a great distraction, and provides healthy mental exercise!!

Hugs....Jill......
  16. llama

llama New Member

Hi everyone!

That's totally amazing that you can retain all the details from the first episode on. I used to think I did a good job at observing and retaining info but I have been greatly humbled (when reading posts on other LOST sites) at the minute details that other people pick up on and then wedge it into the big PUZZLE!

So you must be one of those people! I now, of course, tape each episode but also put the captioning on. There can be such subtle noises (like whispering a name) that I always missed...I knew something was said but didn't know what. I'd ask my hubby and he didn't catch it either. So captioning is great.

I have my fibro fog days but since starting Lamictal my cognitive skills are about 75% back to normal..thank God!

I'm really enjoying these conversations about LOST but not just because of the show. I'm happy to feel like I'm making some good friends. I noticed when I read a few of the bio's of the people interested in LOST that a lot of you are "creative" people...doing lots of artistic things.
    I think that says a lot about why we like the limitless possibilites of LOST just like in art?

Hugs to all..........Jill.........
  17. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I don't know if it is just me, but I was getting very antsy after 30 minutes of the show.

I have to ask my husband when I don't understand something, so I feel like an idiot when I watch it. I can't remember the names of the characters. I know Hurley is the heavy man with the curly hair. I know who John is but I had forgotten the name of the some of the other people.

This season so far seems to be more confusing that any of the other seasons to me. It doesn't help that I have fibro fog anyway. :(

I record it in case I fall asleep, so I want to watch it, but I do get confused by them going back and forth between the past and the present.

I guess you could just call me a frustrated Lost watcher. lol

Since when do polar bears like to be in the jungle? Well we are talking about Hawaii and I doubt they have polar bears. lol So that part I find pretty funny... Maybe it is an albino black bear or brown bear?

Boy the name of the show "Lost" is just about what I am watching it... lol

Hugs,
    Faye

18. llama

llama New Member

It's me again, I post to this thread way more than to the others!

ilovecats read the posts above from 4everkid and also mine,llama and I think it might help with your confusion about polar bears on a tropical island...then again we could be wrong!?

Well, despite restlessness and good ole fibro fog, I admire your tenacity to keep trying to piece it all together. I really think it's good to challenge our brains a little!
    Good luck...keep posting and maybe one of us will be able to come up with a reply (didn't say the right answer but a reply..hehe).........Take care..........Jill
  19. findmind

findmind New Member

you guys are great! So much I forgot from last two seasons! The Dharma I video, especially...so of course I'm unfound!

My printer's broken or I'd print these reviews/explanations out so I can read them over a few times to refresh my head a little...oh, I know, I'll email it to myself and then save it, boy o boy!

A bubble, huh? Hmmmm How would an airplane get into it?? And if the others are really good guys, they sure should be sent to Iraq.

Just kidding of course.

Keep it up, I love it...the show and you creative types. Think I'll take up painting.

Hugs,
    findmind
  20. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hey hon!

Really what has gotten me all confused is the Steve/Scott talk! LOL

I thought I knew the show until that got brought up! LOL

I think I am going to buy the first season and watch it again and I am also going to buy the second season too.

Anyway, off to bed! Have a great night!

kate