OT: 4th week of LOST...comments/closed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by llama, Oct 25, 2006.

1. llama

llama New Member

Hello all Losties,

Well, what did everybody think? This season has a lot more violence in it, which I find hard to watch.

Oh well, I won't say really anything else right now, because I'm on EST...so I've just watched the episode and realize that not everyone else has. Don't want to give away any of the events of the show.!!

Hope everyone will post in the next days to give their opinions and theories.

...........Jill...........
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2006]
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I was going to say the same thing about too much violence and it is ruining the show for me.

I don't want to give away anything about the show either.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

I have to say that I love these Wednesday night chats that start off the week with a lot of LOST talk!

Yes, this season has a lot more violence and I am one who cannot handle a lot of violence. It affects me physically actually.

I'll wait a bit before I comment on the show too.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

kate
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I Love the show, but I think the writters are messing up, by not giving us a small mystery with an answer.
    It doesn't have to be, The Answer,

But something, instead of more mysteries, and I found it to unsettling last night so, I dozed off, and missed some of it, but I do record it, so I'll look back later.

I thought everyone already knew that the Others had that Sub. Can't remember when it was mentioned, tho. hmmm.
    Wasn't that what the Others were on when they took Walt?
    Or am I confusing things, lol.

Do any of you check on the Lost boards? Some real Wacky ideas floating around, but then again, it's a Wacky World on that Island., ;o]
    sharonk
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

One day soon I'll be in on these Chats.

Ya see,..my son (14) has watched Lost since the beginning,
    I have'nt but have heard so much about it from him.

He just got both seasons 1 and 2 on DVD for his birthday.
    So,..I'm watching whenever I can but I have ALOT to catch up on :)
    so far so good~
    I've only watched 8 episodes.

Take care
    Tandy
  6. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I got a phone call from my ex's wife last night.....and of course it was in the middle of LOST!! I missed the entire last half.

What a bummer....I did catch that they took Sawyer on a hike and showed him something about the island, but I didn't realize it was a second island.
    I did catch that they indicated he did not have a pace maker.....did he have one or not?
    I also caught that eh told about where the money was (while in prison) and that he had it put into an account for his daughter.....but I didn't know how he found out about the money, or why it was he got the info about the money and told the prison warden.

Can someone catch me up please?????
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

But I wasn't sure. Thanks foreverkid for the interesting tidbits about the mural. You must have some of Desmond's abilities! LOL.

8. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!

I just wanted to tell you guys that I have had a lot of fun having these LOST conversations. The company is really nice. Things can get kind of lonely sometimes.

However, I get more confused each time I come on here so I am sad to say that I will not be joining in on the LOST converstations anymore.

I am happy with my half ignorance towards the show. My brain just can't wrap around all these little details from past seasons and who painted what(?) mural and all.

Thanks for letting me join in! I did have a lot of fun though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

kate
  9. llama

llama New Member

Katemac,

I've enjoyed your wit and friendliness so much, please don't leave this little "lost" group!

I don't think any of us know for sure what means what, at times. But that's the fun of it, figuring it out. Some of us our Sherlock Holmes and some of us are Dr. Watson, but sometimes we need someone to ask the perfectly innocent maybe even naive question to branch us off into a new direction to pursue!!

I refuse to allow you to leave, dammit. The Lost club has been formed and you (and anybody else that posts) are a charter member. I will not refund your dues!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!................Jill................
  10. llama

llama New Member

,Hi all Losties!,

I don't want to seem like a "mother hen", but I feel like I have to try to at least make a comment on as many posts as possible.

First off, welcome Tandy...enjoy all the episodes from seasons 1 and 2, hopefully your son can answer a lot of your questions, but if not feel free to come here. Also, as I've mentioned before two of the best websites are the ABC site and The fuselage.com...they can help a lot.

I also wasn't happy with the degree of violence in last night's episode, but I hope Ilovecats and o2sleep will at least watch till the end of this story arc (only 2 more shows). Remember, when Ben had "breakfast" with Kate, he said it was going to be a difficult 2 weeks. So, please stay with US and the show. Look at it this way, for all the punching poor Sawyer got, by the end of the episode his face wasn't hardly bruised..he said they hit like a girl!!

And you 4everkid alias Einstein, you definitely called that. I've seen pictures of the mural, but, what site are you apparently getting the best view from?
    I agree with the instant "rain", it always seems that when a particularly dangerous/challenging scene happens, here comes the rain. It was interesting to see that Ben flipped a switch, as if to stop the rain, once the threat of Kate escaping was over.
    I didn't believe right from the start that they had implanted a pacemaker in Sawyer. They probably just injected right into his heart some epinephrine to elevate the heart rate for a short time and then put that monitor on his wrist...it was effective in controlling him.

I got very upset also about the bunny, I love bunnies.

It does appear that Desmond, who once seemed rather cowardly, has acquired psychic abilities. I believe that he will use this gift for good and not evil.

Bruin, the night that the others took Walt, they were on just a common ferry boat. It was the same boat that Ben allowed Michael and Walt to supposedly leave for good at the end of season 2 (IMHO..don't think they really were allowed to leave, we'll have to see about that).

Lil_angel, you asked about pacemaker, which they faked.
    I think the two messages they wanted to reinforce in this episode is "every man for himself" and about "conning a con man". He established a bond of confidence (hence con man) with the chubby exec. to gain info. which he could then use to manipulate the warden and spring himself from prison. I was surprised that he had the money put into an account for his "daughter". Didn't appear like he believed at first that he had a daughter, but Sawyer never totally reveals his true feelings.

I've read Mice and Men many years ago..may have to check out the highpoints again, since they referred to it several times.

I'm sure most of us will have other good ideas that will pop into our heads, so keep posting especially those who are on the brink of becoming permanently LOST....Jill....
  11. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

For the insight. I hope katemac does not leave this discussion. I'm just as "lost" as she is, and really enjoy coming here to get filled in on what I missed. I still haven't had time to go to the websites, but will try before the next show.

I tried to fill in my hubby on as much as I could last night while we were watching. He is amazed at the details involved with the show.

I too am fascinated by Desmond and look forward to seeing more of him. And Hurley too, I miss him. Also miss Sun and Siyid. I hope Sum isn't in trouble for shooting that girl.

I think Sawyer beleived he had a daughter, it's just that he didn't want it to be true. He doesn't want to get that close to anyone, fear of being hurt. I thought it was very honorable of him to give his daughter that money.

These characters continue to surprise me. Can't wait for next week.
  12. llama

llama New Member

HI,

Glad to hear that you've decided to stick with the LOST thread. I truly enjoy reading the perspectives that everyone has on the different elements of the show.

Some people have a better grasp of certain characters or situations and then the opposite maybe true of someone else.

As far as Sun's fate...I'm afraid a real "war" is going to start. Colleen said, right before she was shot that they weren't(meaning the others) the enemy but implied they would be if violent action was taken against them.

Take care...hear from you soon........Jill........
  13. tandy

tandy New Member

To Thank Jill for her Welcome~
    (future welcome) :)
  14. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I had to agree that they need to start telling the viewers a little more. Some were complaining that they were going to stop watching.

I will continue watching but last weeks episode was not one of the better ones.
  15. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I think Sawyer wasn't surprised that the baby was his...but, I think he said she wasn't to protect her from himself. Because everyone around him ends up hurt, and he doesn't want to do that to his baby.

Thanks for the catch up!

16. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I see that they (Others) did use another boat, that is why it is so confusing at times, lol.
    I get things mixed up, and I am so glad I have been taping it all along.

I am looking forward to this weeks show, I understand there will be some Clues in this one.

Hope so, Just love Sawyer, and I do think they are faking him out, with the pace maker thing.
    After all who else is a Dr on their team?

We know Jack wouldn't have done it, or would he, naw, lol he's the good guy. Isn't he, ;o)

sharonk
  17. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm just reading what you all say. I sort of take the show for face value instead of clues.

I have it on DVR so I can watch it again if I want to, but I think I'll pass and watch Jericho that I missed. I also missed some of Desperate Housewives too. lol

We have a new digital cable box with DVR and I have really enjoyed recording Lost and other shows in HD quality. Boy, you should see Sawyer's face in HD.

I'm up early for me due to heartburn from GERD. Have had a rough time all year with this. Think I'm going back to bed soon. Have to turn all the clocks back today and do laundry, dust this room, etc.

Take care all!

Hugs,
    Faye
  18. llama

llama New Member

19. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I spoke to a nurse friend of mine ans she said there is no way they put a pace maker in him! LOL
    She loves the show too, and she said it just ocouldn't happen. They didn't even have the right equipment to save that lady, let alone put a pace maker in. And they CAN NOT do it through a needle.
  20. llama

llama New Member

Hi,

Yeah, I'm a nurse also, and immediately didn't believe about the pacemaker either. There's quite a bit of technical equipment you have to have to place one.

That large injection into his heart was probably just Epinephrine or something to temporarily elevate his heart rate.

Sawyer, is one of my favorite characters, despite his unsavory side. I guess I just can't help myself, but I find him extremely sexy!!

Thanks for the post.........Jill...........