OT 9/6 Inspirational - Mud Puddles & Dandelions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rose_Red, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take - but by the moments that take our breath away.

MUD PUDDLES AND DANDELIONS

When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.
    My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.

When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.
    My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.
    My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.

When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
    My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.

When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
    My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."

When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets.
    My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross, and worms to play with.

I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children!
    Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

I wish you Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions!!!

http://members.shaw.ca/mcinnes-hume/mud_puddles__dandelions.htm
  2. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

Maybe that's why my daughter's friends love to come here so much!

Today is a really hard day for me. I'm sitting here crying in a good way too. I am so happy that I was able to touch your life in a positive way today.

I think sitting with the sun on my face is a great idea. I ma not be joining you in persn - whever you are but I'm with you in spirit today.

(Now I have the song Somewher Out There stuck in my head lol)

michle
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Thanks for the reminder. This was an excellent example
    of an OT that helps.

I smiled at the dandelion section ... so true.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm proud and happy to say, I'M A DANDELION TOO. And a Leo the lion, I wonder if that adds to it too? Yah, groan, I know.

The title caught my eye because it brought back some great memories. I love dandelions even now, and am not above blowing on the white fluff when they go to seed. A lawn full of dandelions is a lawn w/ free pretty yellow flowers that you didnt' even have to cultivate, so is Queen Anne's Lace, another so-called "weed". My dandelion tea is top of my list for things that help me heal the most.

One of my best memories, was when me and my brother were teens. So you'd actually think we'd be above muddle puddle antics, but nope. We lived on Vancouver Island at the time and it rained tons, as anyone on the West coast of N. America knows well. We had a warm rain and had huge puddles, so me and my brother laid right down in them (could barely keep our noses above water in some) and did the motion for snow angels. Of course you can't really do that w/ water, so we'd roll over and pretend to do the breast stroke. He was a bit chubby, and I was a bit flat still, so he had as much breasts as me, but I digress.

Jeanne