ot: 9yrs. ago today my son passedon

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Iamnotgivingup, Jan 27, 2006.

1. To-day so far has been pretty bad. My son is always on my mind but of course today more than ever. He was 31 and my first born . I really did not want to write about it but as with illnes when you loose someone, one also looses so called friends. People stop calling, writing or visiting.At least we have the board to vent. I want to see him so badly I could almost feel him.I miss his voice, laughter,sense of humor and his inmense capacity to understand and be compassionate. Anyway thanks for listening.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I am so sorry. You never forget, do you?

I also lost a child, and there is NEVER a day that goes by without thinking of him.

People just don't understand what it is like, just like they don't understand this DD

Take care and I hope you dream good dreams of him tonight
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Parents just shouldn't have to bury children. But, of course, many do. I am sorry, and I wish you the good memories today and God's comfort for your heart.

Sue
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry you lost your son. I pray God eases your pain even though I know it never goes away.

Love, Mikie
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Losing a child is by far the most difficult event to live through...I am wishing you a peaceful day today, with smiles as you remember the special memories of your son...

I see by your profile, you were a pet groomer...Me too...I am also originally from Long Island, NY...so we have a few things in common...

Your username is inspiring...

Big Bear Hugs coming your way
    (((((iamnotgivingup)))))

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I can try to understand your pain,.....
    But cannot imagine what its like to lose a son.
    I hope all the beautiful memories of him surround you today and always~

I'm glad you wrote your feelings out here today.
    I think it helps to get them off your chest.
    My candle burns for you and your son today :)

Hugs
    Tandy
  7. After I posted I went to my bedroom and got all of my sons' pictures out, I sat there and looked through all the albums.I laughed and I cried. Now I read you replies and I truly thank all of you. Hughs to all.
  8. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Losing a child is the worse thing in the world.We came very close several times to losing my daughter and I was terrified.It's a feeling that still to this day sticks with me.
    My heart goes out to you on this day especially.I will be praying for you.
    {{{{HUGS}}}}
    Sheila
  9. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Big hugs to you! I am so sorry you had to lose someone you loved so much. My thoughts are with you!

Love, Joy
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry about the loss of your son. I cannot imagine your pain over the last 10 yrs.

((((Gentle hugs))))
    Pepper
  11. Manina

Manina New Member

I am sorry for your loss. He is right besides you hearing everything you say to him.
    You might like to go to my favorite place
    www.after-death.com all of us there are a nice bunch of people and all have something in common (loss of a loved one)
  12. JLH

JLH New Member

I am so sorry to learn that you lost a son 9 years ago today. I can not imagine the pain and suffering that you have experienced over these years. It must be unbearable.

I will pray that God be with you today and all the days to come. I know He is taking good care of your son, as he is with my father.

Remember all the happy times that he gave you and your family. You were blessed to have him with you for 31 years. I've heard some people say that our children are on loan to us from God. You took care of him for God for those 31 years and God must have needed him back. Feel blessed for the time you had with him.

I almost cried when you said that you wanted to see him so badley that you could almost feel him. My father passed away four years ago and I feel the same way about him. I am sure they are looking down from Heaven on us and know exactly what we are thinking.

And ... as you said, everyone has stopped calling, writing, visiting, etc. with my mother. She sees his business acquaintenances on the street and they never ask how she is doing, or any little rememberence about him. This hurts her sooooo much.

I pray that you have the strength to make it through the day and to carry on the way that he would have wanted you to.

Love,
    Janet
  13. sues1

sues1 New Member

You never forget, but wouldn't it be awful if we did? How wonderful that we can remember the sweet times and the love that was there and still is. But yes, it still hurts.

I already wrote a post and my tears must of blurred my eye sight as I erased it!

Through all I got stronger faith. I found that I really felt that she was fine, okay, and in good hands. I was grieving for me!I think of death as being part of our living cycle. It is another phrase. Sit out by water and watch the birds, animals, fish, trees, rocks and all else. Look how they connect to one another and has a purpose. I do not think death was left out in all of this planning.
    I got a card also that helped me more than anything else.

The card I buy often at Hallmark, others might have it?
    The poem was written by a A. L. Frink. Bless him/her.
    I looked it up online...........

The Rose Beyond the Wall

Near a shady wall a rose once grew,
    Budded and blossomed in God's free light,
    Watered and fed by the morning dew,
    Shedding it's sweetness day and night.

As it grew and blossomed fair and tall,
    Slowly rising to loftier height,
    It came to a crevice in the wall
    Through which there shone a beam of light.

Onward it crept with added strength
    With never a thought of fear or pride,
    It followed the light through the crevice's length
    And unfolded itself on the other side.

The light, the dew, the broadening view
    Were found the same as they were before,
    And it lost itself in beauties new,
    Breathing it's fragrance more and more.

Onward it crept with added strength
    With never a thought of fear or pride,
    It followed the light through the crevice's length
    And unfolded itself on the other side.

The light, the dew, the broadening view
    Were found the same as they were before,
    And it lost itself in beauties new,
    Breathing it's fragrance more and more

Shall claim of death cause us to grieve
    And make our courage faint and fall?
    Nay! Let us faith and hope receive--
    The rose still grows beyond the wall,

Scattering fragrance far and wide
    Just as it did in days of yore,
    Just as it did on the other side,
    Just as it will forevermore.

-------------see the poem with pictures and music at

http://www.mamarocks.com/rose_beyond_the_wall.htm

God Bless you as I know he does your son......Many blessings

[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2006]
  14. Thanks to all for your wonderful words,prayers,poem,and the websites. I am so very sorry for your loses too. I try very hard to have a life, but on occasions it is very hard, as I am sure you all know. Thans once again. Love to all.
  15. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

and I know there is nothing anyone can say to make it better.

I have a son about the age your boy would be and also live in N.J.I have a daughter 35 ,who just called me from another state, after 11 months of not contacting family or friends. We had just reported her as a missing person.

I never posted about her disappearance on this board because it was too painful for me.

I don't say this to make a comparison with the death of your son,but to comment on the silent anguish of so many parents.

We never know what problems others have.

Peace be with you,Marie
  16. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

iamnotgivingup,

Sending you hugs, and wishing you peace. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. It sounds like he was such a special and caring person. May the love you carry in your heart for him live on always.

Wishing you the best,
    Hopeful4
  17. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

how difficult this day must be.

My prayers are for all those on the board who have lost a child that God will hold you in his arms and comfort you.

Love, Granny