OT _ CROCK POT RECIPES!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 29, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

I need some that are quick and easy!!!!!! Healthy ones and crap ones as well. I got a crock pot as a gift and haven't used one in years sooo recipes appreciated.
  2. darude

darude New Member

Come on guys I know you have some!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

A friend of mine cooks alot of stuff in her crock pot. Stuff peppers, even meatloaf. I cook pork roast with cream of mushroom soup and potatoes, onions and carrots. Very tasty.
    cindy
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I only use mine about once a year! Always on Christmas! Last year I made chili and this year I made stew.

I used to put in a whole fryer and dump in a bottle of bar-b-que sauce and let it cook all day. Falls apart and makes great sandwiches.

I'll keep watching to see what others come up with!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  5. darude

darude New Member

I would like to use a lot as you can dump the stuff in and forget about it.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

There used to be a great book called One Pot Recipes in Ten minutes or soemthing like that, garage sales usually have lots of crock pot recipe books from the 1960's and Thrift Stores.

Those packs of fifteen bean soup "tubes" work really well. As an aside I make this great bread pudding in the microwave. Just tear up buttered bread and put in pyrex bowl, whisk up one(or two) eggs and some milk and sugar and pour over the bread and squish down, add raisins and stir in too or anything. Micro till it looks firm, usually about 15mins, upend bowl on plate and serve with anything you like-I like vanilla icecream and have the pudding stay hot.

That reminds me I make all of my stocks in crock pot and then freeze them for later use. Just through in any carcass and chopped veggies and water and leave to simmer all day.
    Cromwell
  7. darude

darude New Member

Mix up this goodie in your crock pot.....cherry crisp! 12/17/05 09:29 PM

Take it to any pot luck....it's pretty and good!
    Crockpot Cherry Crisp
    From Diana Rattray,
    Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine.
    FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

Easy cherry crisp recipe with cherry pie filling in slow cooker.
    INGREDIENTS:

1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
    2/3 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
    1/2 cup flour
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/3 cup butter, softened
    PREPARATION:

Lightly butter a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker/Crock Pot. Place cherry pie filling in the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Combine dry ingredients with vanilla and mix well; cut in butter with a pastry cutter or fork. Sprinkle crumbs over the cherry pie filling. Cook for 5 hours on low.

heres another real good and easy one. its called dump cake

place pineapple rings in cake pain empty most of the juice.
    poor cherry pie fillng over top
    then add a yellow cake mix dry on toppress down also can use butter cake.then add about 1 and a half cubes of butter cut up all over the top. bake for about 45min at 400 its awesome with vanilla ice cream or by it self.

[This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]

[This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]

BACK | REPLY

darude

Busy Day Beef Stew 12/18/05 03:23 AM

Heres a great recipe for the crock pot.

2 pds stewing meat
    2 med. size onions diced
    1 cup chopped celery
    4 med. sized potatoes diced
    2 1/2 tbls.quick cooking tapioca (or 1 1/4 tbls of cornstarch)
    1tbls sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 can (10 3/4 ounce size)condensed tomato soup
    undiluted
    1 1/2 cans of water

layer the meat and vegtables in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the tapioca, sugar, salt, and pepper. Combine the soup and water and pour into the cooker. Do not stir. Cover and cook on the low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
    I use 1/2 the amount in cornstarch instead of the quick cooking tapioca. I never have that in my cupboard.

If they had an icon that had it's tongue hanging out and drooling that would be me!! I looked up some more crock pot recipes on the internet, wow!! I didn't realize there were so many different things to cook that way. Yummmm

I love my crockpot .. I have made a BIG chicken curry in it for today and love hearing about other recipes people try out ! Thanks !
    Fudge : )

try diced chicken breast
    1 cube of chicken broth
    drained mix veggies your choice
    cream of chichen or mushroom soup
    about a 3rd cup of half and half
    um i think i added riccota chess if thats the one in the tub like sour cream
    if your having guest make sure to add colorful vegs makes this look really good.
    on top i added biscuts of your choice just press them lightly down on top of the casarole.
    cook about 400 until you biscuts our done.
    happy cooking this is pretty quick also

BACK | REPLY

onnaroll

its not crock pot cooking but you all got me thinking 12/18/05 10:21 AM

of quick stuff heres a mexican cassarole my family luvs!

cook about a pound and a half ground beef

add 1 can cream chicken one can cream mush

one can of enchalada sauce
    and one small can of green chiles
    then layer your tortias in your oblong casarole dish

meats sauce cheese keep altornating layers of tortia meat, then cheese.you could add refried beans 2 we do that sometimes.

bake at 375 until cheese is melted

ps i use corn tortias

[
    k pot b-b-q country ribs... 12/18/05 12:28 PM

3 to 6 pounds boneless country ribs (get the leanest ones you can find)

1 very large yellow onion, sliced thin

1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce

Put ribs in Crock-Pot, cover with onions, pour sauce over top, cover, cook on low 8 to 12 hours.

Yield: Serves 4 to 12 depending on amount of meat used and appetites.

Nutrition information: Could not be determined due to variations in the amount of meat used and the type of barbecue sauce used.

"I sometimes thicken the sauce with cornstarch, but not always. I like to try different kinds of sauce.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2005]

t Holiday Ham! 12/18/05 01:11 PM

Title: Honey Glazed Holiday Ham
    Categories: Crockpot, Meats
    Yield: 12 Servings

4 lb Ham; boneless, fully cooked
    1 cn Lemon-lime soda; 12 oz,
    1/4 c Honey
    1/2 ts Mustard
    1/2 ts Cloves; ground
    1/4 ts Cinnamon; ground

Place ham and lemon-lime soda into crock pot. If your pot has a rack, you can use it. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours (high 3 to 4 hours).

Thirty minutes before serving, combine honey, mustard, cloves, and cinnamon, and 3 tbs drippings from bottom of crock pot. Spread glaze over ham and continue cooking.

Let ham stand for 15 minutes before serving.

This sounds yummy, I'm going to try it. I'll bet you could do an apple crisp too, just substitute canned apple pie filling for the cherry, whadya think?

Maybe I'll try that variation too and let ya know.

I'll bet vanilla ice cream go good on that too.

Michelle

[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]
  8. darude

darude New Member

Can't wait to try.
  9. darude

darude New Member

I'm looking for sweet and sour meatballs anyone?
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't use mine very much, but I should. So, I'm interested in these recipes, too!!

When I worked, I would put a whole chicken in it (on LOW) and pour a can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup on top. Do not dilute the soup--as it cooks, it will make its own gravy!

Janet

P.S.
    Forgot to mention .... it usually cooked for 12 hours, because that is how long I was gone from home when I worked.[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]
  11. Musica

Musica New Member

I've got to try them!

Anymore recipes?
  12. darude

darude New Member

Made turkey leftovers, mushroom soup, onions , carrots, baby potatoes in it tonight was sooo good. Oh and I added some cream at the end. yummy.
  13. darude

darude New Member

Forgotten how great they were and easy clean up too
  14. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

Easy one: whole chicken, can of whole cranberry sauce, 1 pkg onion soup mix. Cook all day on low. Quick sweet n sour chicken.
  15. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Some pork ribs sauerkraut tart apples caraway seeds and some brown sugar.

Put layer ribs then apple then kraut then seeds and sugar repeat .

Cook on high 10 min then lowest setting all day .

They will melt in your mouth.

They also fall apart.

You can do the same with pork roast My DH would eat this every day. Lol

Sue
  16. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Put a pork roast in the pot and cover it with sauerkraut. Cook on low for 12 hours. We add a dash of garlic salt. This is great over mashed potatoes...a German dish, I think.
  17. darude

darude New Member

You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. darude

darude New Member

I've used every day so far and made a few recipes on here its fantastic. Not much work is what I like just throw in and leave.
  19. chubby

chubby New Member

Back when I was working and could eat wheat I used to make this for dinner quite often.

Put a bag of seasoned stuffing mix in the crock pot with the proper amount of water. Lay a couple of chicken breasts on top. I'd turn it on low when I left for work, and dinner would be ready when I got home. Sure liked the stuffing.

Chubby
  20. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I thought it said "Crackpot receipes".

Well, I use the crock pot a lot. The receipes are all the same. You throw meat, vegtables, and potatoes in the crockpot. If you want you add water, soup, gravy etc. You come back in 8 or ten hours and it's ready.