OT: A good Wrinkle cream ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANNXYZ, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Any recommendations on a good skin care anti - aging product ? I have been reading about petapeptide creams .

Does anyone have feedback on a skin care product that
    really works or is more than hype ?
  2. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

For a moderate price tag, AVON Anew series is real good.

They have several types, from the gentle peel to all kinds of creams. It work very well.

Lancome has a very pricy cream I know it's over $100.00 for a small jar. But it is supposed to be great. Out of my price range though.

Wrinkles, coming more and more everyday.
    I didn't have this many before I got this DD. In one year I have aged many years.

See my thread about the conspiricy. Its funny.

Cathy
  3. laura3951

laura3951 New Member

strivecten is great missy
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

does strivectin really WORK? Has it helped you ?
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

The Olay Regenerist Products. They are reasonably priced (about $20 or so) compared to other anti-wrinkle products, they work nicely, and they feel nice on your skin. I'm 36, so my wrinkles are mostly around my eyes. However, a 52-year old friend of mine uses the Olay Regenerist Eye Serum and has had friends ask "where she got her eyes done", so she obviously got fantastic results.

My dermatologist also says that the single best way to slow down wrinkles is to wear sunscreen. If you are going out in the sun, put on sunscreen 20 minutes before you go out (and use sunscreen that has Parsol and or zinc oxide in it). Alos, apply it on your face before you apply your moisturizer. Even when you are driving in your car, you get more sun exposure than you think. (I live in Austin, TX, so we get a LOT of sun rays here!) You can tell I just saw my derm. a few weeks ago!

Hope this helps! Erika :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2006]
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Thank you !! I also have used Retin A and it TRULY works. I only use it three times a week .

I am going to try the Olay regenerist product ASAP.

What sunscreen do you use ?

Incidentally , I am trying the new minerals foundation ( a powder ) that is by L'Oreal called Bare Naturale .

I read a review about it that was positive. I am REALLY impressed and think it is a GREAT improvement over any liquid foundation I have EVER used. Far better!
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

It is such a pain... I find that with many if not most creams of any kind that I react - makes skin blotchy and, even worse really, makes my eyes burn and redden. It is also why I cannot wear 99% of eye makeup and foundation etc.

And I never know until I try it out for a while. It is such a pain to spend the $$ even on the 'inexpensive' ones as it is still usually $15-$20-plus per tube or jar, and not much in it for that amount of money. To be sure, they are making money even with the 'inexpensive' creams.

To add to that, I do like to change off and use different ones, seems like my skin gets 'used to' different formulas, maybe because it gets saturated with whatever the main ingredients are?

For those who use progesterone cream anyway, it is also great to occasionally use it on your face, btw - does a great job. But again, don't do it all the time as it will oversaturate the skin and then won't absorb the same.

I honestly think that IS why I find that sticking with just one cream forever doesn't work well after a while... Anybody else feel that way too?

all the best,
    Victoria

PS - tried 'Bare Minerals' makeup with a friend, we went to a store where we could have them use it on us...

honestly, it added 10 years to both of our faces, we found out we had fine lines we didn't even know we had! I don't know why the older women on TV getting makeovers look so good under the same lighting in 'real time'?

The liquid makeups for us work better... altho again I get splotches if I use more than occasionally.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2006]
  9. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

10. laura3951

laura3951 New Member

strivecten has been great for me i see a difference, i ordered mine on ebay so i got it way cheaper than you would at a dept store.hope this helps missy
  11. kimkane

kimkane New Member

I use Hydroderm, its amazing, but pricey.

I look 10 yrs younger.

Good luck, Kim
  12. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

It is nice to hear from people who think they have used a product and really achieved noticeable results .

I appreciate the suggestions and bet there are many women writing these down .
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and so is oil of olay...i used to know the first oil of olay lady. blonde and her name is bertha...she wouldn't ever tell me her age..but she had a great shape for any age...

i should google it and see what comes up...but she did the t.v. commercials..

\oanyays.i saw at costco today they have anew serum out by o.olay...supposed to use glucosomaine and get into the skin 10 ten times more...it was a moisturizer plus a discolorations fixer....

i have retin a as well so i decided not to use the oil of olay...

jodie
  14. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I could give you a list of those that don't, but I find Avon's Biofirming eye cream and Olay Total Effects are the best for me. I wait until the offers come on and then buy them, you can save a lot that way.

Sue
  15. kcollins

kcollins New Member

I've been using the revitalift day and eye cream by L'Oreal for 9 months now and have noticed a dramatic improvement. I've gotten several compliments on my skin since I started it. The day face cream has spf 15 in it. I use it on my face, throat and chest every morning and really notice the difference on my throat where I was getting a turkey neck!! I have very sensitive skin and have had no breakouts or allergic reaction like I usually do - especially to sun screens.
    Take care,
    Kathy

PS It's not too expensive, $18 roughly and one jar lasted me 6 months
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  16. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Thanks to everyone as this valuable info can help
    others !
  17. pepper

pepper New Member

for this thread. I have taken notes and am going to shop accordingly!

I personally have been using Elizabeth Grant products for years and I do think that they make a difference in my skin. But there are so many creams that I end up feeling like a greased pig and I feel so hot with all those layers of creams on.

You need to use them twice a day and I often just do not have the energy for that. I am going to try some of the creams recommended here. Nothing beats hearing about personal experiences.

Thanks.
    Pepper
  18. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I use Elizabeth Grant creams and love them. I only buy them on special and they last me a long time. Also I have very sensitive skin and it is one of the only brands that doesn't give me red splotches.

Also the Pur Minerals powders, eye pencils, and lipsticks. I has natural sunscreen and I never have to wear foundation. They also last a long time. (and the mineral powder makes my skin soooooo soft)

Sue in Ontario
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]
  19. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

The only thing I've found that desensitizes my skin, decreases redness/blotchiness, softens wrinkles. My skin used to my best feature, and it's pretty much the same as it used to be now that I've been using that stuff. Expensive, but most good skin creams are.
  20. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member