OT: A Totally Strange Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, May 7, 2006.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

This was a strange day!

Almost didn't go to church. When I got there, a strange woman started a conversation. I could tell by her stories from prior weeks that she was mentally unbalanced. Untangled from her.

During break, my skirt was tucked in panties! No kidding! My "friend" that I was afraid to call a friend because it seemed she was unsure of me -- then said, "Friends can tell each other these things." I was very happy to hear she now considers me a friend :).

After church, wanted to explain to Pastor's wife about strange woman as I didn't want to gte a bad rep by association. No problem there, she already knew of the women's troubles.

Then she (the pastor's wife) invited me to a bridal shower. Very happy because I'm so new to the church. Also invited me to a Mother's Day banquet.

After church, I felt elated -- but too tired to cook. So I called me brother to meet him for an inexpensive lunch. Only he was at a free luncheon. It turned out to be a community event sponsored by a community group I participate in -- only part-time, because my son is allergic to the smoke at meetings. I missed the announcement about the luncheon.

So son and I went there for lunch. Only TOXIC SIL was there. Yes, the one I disassociated myself from to save my health. My mother had told me she was planning to invite SIl to a breakfast for my son* -- so I was preparing myself to meet her on Wednesday AM, not Sunday, not without someone to run interference.

But she left me alone, except to say hello, how are you? "Good," I responded, and asked her the same. That was it. Not too stressful, no scenes, and my son was happy to see her.

As if the day weren't weird enough, this nice woman from the community group said she wanted to introduce me to her son! He's the same age as I am, alone, and not willing to go to bars. (Sounds familiar.)

She said I actually met him once -- briefly -- at a community center. He was on his way out. I vaguely remember a nice-looking man with blue? eyes.

I joked with her that she ought to ask my father's permission as dating was awkard because I live in his house (Dad lives with bro. #2.) Next thing I know, she's *literally* chatting up my father! I wish I could have heard that conversation, LOL.

As if that weren't weird enough, a very handsome older man that is a well-respected (maybe the most well-respected?) man in our small community kept catching my eye. It was strictly high school. I turned to him, he looked away quickly. He'd look at me, I'd look away quickly. You get the picture!

He goes to the same church but doesn't attend often. I just thought he was too successful to be interested in me. But I think he is. I think he is just as shy as I am :). We'll never date this way, LOL.

I thought I'd come home to a nice, uneventful evening, but it's still going strangely :). At least life isn't as boring as it was.

I don't really know why I'm sharing this. I guess I consider all of you my friends :).

* My son is the boy with the endless birthday. I had a mini-party for him before he left for his father's, ex had a party at his place, now my mother wants to have a mini-party on Wednesday. Is he spoiled or what :)?
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I totally love those kinds of days. It goes to show that the universe truly likes to keep us on our toes.

I hope you and this "well respected man" can get out of your shyness state or someone will have to step in. I find when you think that he's interested in you, you're gut is usually right.

Good luck and... as long as your son is a good kid there is no such thing as spoiling.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sounds like a good day...it is good to have a little surprise in your life...but the panites and the skirt...made me reemeber my 8th grade english teacher...way back when...anyways she was walking down the hallway...i was out in the hallway...it was during class times..well she must've been using the bathroom, presumably...well it got looking and noticed her skirt was tucked into her panty hose/w no panties underneath...

she was getting ready to go into the classroom...she thanked me,,,

she was a miss texas in her days...she would stand in front of class and say how she wouldn't have babies because it would make her boobies sag...quote unquote...

i wonder how they are holding up?...

strange there

jodie
  4. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Tigger, glad to see you're back :). We missed you. Mayline, congratulations on the new beau :). Jodie, how have you been lately?

I forgot to mention on this strange day that the Pastor was collecting rice for a 3rd world country. A very young woman in back with a baby and a child asked why we weren't helping local people in need. The paster became a bit pendantic -- though he did make the point that we *do* help local people in need, too -- she became offended and left.

Surreal! She had a point, but the church really does help a lot of local people in need, even paying for drug rehab and alcohol recovery program-related expenses to help memebers.

I think it's a matter of perspective. Not many people in this area would make good use of plain, white rice. Plus it's fairly cheap. So donating this to Haiti still leaves us with plenty (well, depending on funds) resources to help local needy families. But if I had a fussy baby, I might have left too :).
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thanks for asking about me....

just trying to get the final approval to give my 30 day notice to move into a less expensivie apt....i know you will balk at the rent 1,200 for 2 bed 1 bathroom apt...yes it is cheaper than what i am now paying...1280 a month...

and the my ssa doesn't cover all of the rent...plus ssa has me supposedly owing money tht i have ben disputing since last year...

then the ex is now unemployed, again...so i do not know what i will be doing...i do not qualify for food stamps i make too much money on ssdi...i get 750 a month for me and 426 a month for cody for my sssdi...they are taking out 88.00 month for my medicare part b...so they are going to need to retro that back to me...but as slow as they are...

well just goign to try to make it...

jodie
  6. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

My family moved to California when I was in kindergarten. I loved it :)! But it was too expensive, we had to move back. Now I wish I lived there for the better weather, but c'est la vie, I'm stuck in Michigan forever it seems :).

I'm sorry to hear your ex is giving you problems again. Grrr. Exes!
  7. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

<<<Almost didn't go to church. When I got there, a strange woman started a conversation. I could tell by her stories from prior weeks that she was mentally unbalanced. Untangled from her.

After church, wanted to explain to Pastor's wife about strange woman as I didn't want to gte a bad rep by association. No problem there, she already knew of the women's troubles. >>>

I'm sorry, but I really take offence to this. Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but, if you are going to church because you are a Christian, then the way you reacted to this situation is wrong in my opinion.

First of all, there is nothing wrong with speaking to or listening to a person with mental illness. Even if they seem eccentric, they still ned friends, and if they come to a church and no one will assocciate with them, then what does that tell them? Tht even people who call themselves Christians aren't showing love that Christ said to show others.
    Second, you didn't want to 'get a bad rep' at church for assocciating with someone who is mentally ill? Why do you go to church? Is it to 'look good' in front of others, or because you love the Lord and want to do as He commands???

I'm sorry, i don't mean to upset anyone, but, I am a Christian, and I really feel that the reactions shown are wrong.

As for the rest of your day, I'm glad you had a good one...and it sounds like you are a lucky lady that there are a couple men interested in you (sounds like it) and you interested in them too.....it's always nice to be appreciated.