OT: Aches and Pains/ Free Barometer Site....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Oct 13, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have noticed an increased interest in Barometric Pressure Related Pain lately and wanted to share this site with everyone.

I have been following the barometric pressure and how it relates to my own pain for years. I get barometric pressure related migraines as well as an increase in FMS pain and arthritic pain and for me there is definitely a connection.

Here is free way to check the barometric pressure daily in your city -- just enter your zip code -- it is located on this page under the "The Aches and Pains Feature":

http://www.weather.com/activities/health/achesandpains/

This site has a Pain Index which allows you to see the pain level you might expect for the upcoming week. The Pain Index is 1-10 -- 1-Minimal Pain and 10-Very High Pain.

I use NOAA and this site to keep track of barometric pressure.

Take a look at this site it may be of some help -- I think it comes in very handy because it gives me an idea of what to expect as far as my pain level and I can deal with it -- a little better....at times :)
    Take care,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2006]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

What a wonderful idea for a site, I wish they had one for us here in Germany.

We were just talking about the barometric pressure this morning when my husband woke up with a migraine. I can always feel it in my knees.

Wish I could have this feature too.

Thanks for recommending the site. Maybe hubby can use it when he's in the states for business.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

You can check international cities with this site as well -- just enter the name of you city and country.

For example I entered Berlin, Germany and got information for Berlin. Look out for Wednesday or Thursday the pain index is 6 I think.

I even checked on Paris, France for a look and Thursday the pain index for Paris is a 10 Very High Pain.

Hope this helps,

4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Thanks Karen

Interesting site. I was thrilled to see that Fibromyalgia was also mentioned in their lists of conditions affected by the weather.

For the Canadians who are used to receiving their weather celcius you can even change the format to metric.

hugs Redwillow
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

thanks for checking out the site and for pointing out some of the options I forgot to mention.

It really is a great site.

I really appreciate it,

6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

You are a wealth of information. What would we do without you?

Thanks as always.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I found it, thanks!!!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi 1sweetie - How are you? You say the nicest things thank you I appreciate it :)

Hi Nancy - Oh I am so glad you found it!!!
  9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Karen...WOW!!! What an awesome site. Now my husband has another way of checking the weather besides by my aches and pains...LOL. Seriously, he tells people that all he has to do is ask me how I'm feeling to know if we should expect a weather front.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Lolalee
  10. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you and I am so glad you like the site. I had to laugh at what you wrote about you DH my LIL (live in love) calls me his little weather gal/barometer...LOL

Take care,

11. kjfms

kjfms Member

for anyone who might need it :)

12. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Oh wow they even cover little old New Zealand there. Thanx for that, I have always said my migraines get worse with barometer going up.. Now i will be able to follow it and see.

Great site :eek:)
  13. kjfms

kjfms Member

So glad you liked the site and that it can help.

Take care,

14. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

I found anythingweather.com the other day, it gives actual barometric pressure by zip code every hour. When you get there type in your zip then you can click on daily readings.

Joann

[ advertisement ]