OT ~ Added Pic of one of our puppies to profile ~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bailey-smom, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

We love our Labs and isn't it sad that I do not have a current picture of our girls on the computer at my office - lol. This is Mo - short for Mojo. Our dogs are just like our kids.

Our labs love to go hunting. . .
    Last night I was quilting and my hubby went outside to make sure the dogs were around - we let them run for a couple hours on our 10 acres, they never leave. All of a sudden I heard my hubby yelling - No - get back, get back.

They had brought their black & white catch up to the porch - yuck! We had to get out the warm water and wipe off the faces of our yellow females (they catch rabits as well) and my hubby thought puppy cologne would help.

Sometimes I wish they would stick to pheasants but they catch doves, quail, pigeons, rabbits and now a skunk.

Kelly
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

skunk and other big odor problems, but the old tomatoe juice bath is still pretty good and cheaper probably. Poor dogs and you! They're lucky at that though. A neighbor, when we lived up north, had a dog that cornered a skunk and was sprayed in the eyes. It blinded him. He lived to a ripe old age but it was a very sad thing. Good luck with your odor problem!!
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

your lab is stunning. dont you just hate it when ppl leave their labs to become so over weight they cant run anymore.

i threatened a man as he was hitting his over weight lab with his chain lead for pulling him. i told him i would do the same to him if i ever saw him raise a hand to that dog again.
    not only has he not hit his dog he now crosses the road when he sees me waddling with my dals :)
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I would not put up with that!!! I can't stand it when ppl abuse their animals - my hubby's boss raises labs but I told my hubby we would never be like them. Their place is an absolute mess! Poo everywhere!

Our's get a ton of attention - we are out there every night - have you ever tried to pet 7 dogs at once??? We have them trained to sit if they want to be petted though. I know it is a pretty petty thing as well but I think a dog should get treats and toys too. When we got Roo (our big yellow male) he didn't even know what a treat was. He sure does now - lol.

Bambi - I may try the tomato juice thing tonight when I get home if it is still bad. I was just glad they were not hurt as well. Troy was on the phone to the vet right away.

Kelly
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2005]
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

have labs, and I love them to pieces. One is a chocolate like yours, and one is a young black lab. The chocolate, Dutch, is such a smart dog. The young lab is such a sweetie.

Thank you for posting the picture.

Sue