OT American Idol chat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Apr 12, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi Everyone~
    I thought I'd start a AI post cause there use to be some talk here about the show. Lately,none.
    And since its a favorite show of mine I thought I'd ask.........
    Who's ready for the boot this week??
    LOL
    Its getting tough to judge now cause I think they are all good.
    Usually I have a strong hunch as to whos leaving but this week,...I just don't know???
    I will say my favorites are Chris,Taylor and Kelli.
    so I hope its not one of those!!
    Who do you all like,..and dislike?

blessings,
    Tandy
  2. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

Chris is my favourite....he rocks !!

Maggie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but i think it will be taylor or paris that will be next...i knew mandisa wasn't going to make it...

not that she is a wonderful singer...i just really think alot of this a.i. is about the looks...altought clay aiken wasn't what i would call a pretty boy by far...

i think it will come down to ace, chris, kelli and elliot...it is hard to say what the public will choose..

jodie
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

I think he's just a doll. He's so cute. He never lets the judges get to him. I think he was meant to sing. He seems so comfortable. He reminds me of George Clooney.(looks)

Kriket
  5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Let's see.....my guess would be that Ace, Bucky and Katheryn might be in the bottom three tonight, but it is difficult they are all good.

I like Chris and the cute little gal that sang last ? I think she is only 17 ?? Fibro moment, can't think of her name :)
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have really liked Paris since I first saw her try out. But she's so young I don't think she will win. I also don't think she needs to win, she will make it big anyway. She's good, and she has the right connections.

I like Chris and I would like to see him win the whole thing. He is really cute. Looks a lot like my daughter's BOL.

Kelli can sing, but she needs to stop talking. Everytime she talks they make fun of her and she doesn't even seem to understand it. I really enjoyed her song last night. If she makes it as a singer she will have to have really good management to keep from getting used.

Katherine has a beautiful voice and is beautiful. I think she is Chris' toughest competition.

Taylor is just a kick! No one has more fun out there than he does. The judges never get to him, and he is just having a great time!

This is the first time I have watched AI and I am really enjoying it. I never thought I would get into it like I have.

Hugs
    Greenbean
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have really liked Paris since I first saw her try out. But she's so young I don't think she will win. I also don't think she needs to win, she will make it big anyway. She's good, and she has the right connections.

I like Chris and I would like to see him win the whole thing. He is really cute. Looks a lot like my daughter's BOL.

Kelli can sing, but she needs to stop talking. Everytime she talks they make fun of her and she doesn't even seem to understand it. I really enjoyed her song last night. If she makes it as a singer she will have to have really good management to keep from getting used.

Katherine has a beautiful voice and is beautiful. I think she is Chris' toughest competition.

Taylor is just a kick! No one has more fun out there than he does. The judges never get to him, and he is just having a great time!

This is the first time I have watched AI and I am really enjoying it. I never thought I would get into it like I have.

Hugs
    Greenbean
  8. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I have been watching American Idol from the moment it came on several years ago.

This is the first year that I cannot get excited about any one in particular. I haven't even been voting.

This is just my opinion, but when I heard Carrie Underwood sing (on the CMT awards the other night), she is so far above the current contestants that there is no comparison.

Also, Kelly Clarkson has a strong, wonderful voice.

It's not that these young people can't sing, it's just that I don't see one that really has the talent that I think an American Idol should have.

Or........maybe I have just not connected with their personalities this year.

I liked Bo last year ( and Carrie). To me, an Idol would be able to give a good performances every week without fail.

Does anybody agree with me, or am I alone on this!!!

(My sister-in-law and I always call each other after the show. She thinks I'm totally wrong in my opinion.)

I know that whoever wins this year will wind up being better than they are now, once the perfessionals start to work with them. So, maybe it will be Chris. He would come the closet to me.

Kinsie
  9. Treca

Treca New Member

Chris is our friend. He use to work with my husband. We are so proud of him.

We went on a cruise together with him and (at the time) girlfriend once to Cozumel Mexico and he bought a guitar. So when we were waiting for our flight home he started playing Richard Marx Where ever you go and singing it and it was awesome. People would stop to listen to him for a little while and then walk on with a smile on their faces. I will never forget just sitting there listening to him play acoustic

We never thought that we would ACTUALLY know someone on a reality TV show... :) It's a small world.

10. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I agree with Kinsie, That is one of the reasons I think Chris will win or get close to it, he seems to perform well every week.

I worry about Kelli, she just seems too fake to me, though she has a decent voice she is not great

I think Carrie was very good too and I voted for her and Bo to make it to the finals last year

I think Taylor is having a good time too, but I do believe he has a nice voice also, but Simon is his biggest Critic, which means America will listen to Simon and he probably will not make it

I do think Paris and Catherine have beautiful voices, but they are young and both have been in bottom 3 now. But I really do believe they can perform.

I think Elliot has a nice voice too, but he does not seem to stand out much and Ace, may have a pretty face according to most girls, but he really does not seem that good. Bucky , well, I don't know about him sometimes he is ok, but not that great

Well, thanks for post AI is so much fun to watch, it is contagious.

Hugs,
    kgangel

11. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I predict Ace or Bucky will be gone tonight.

I think Elliot has themost beautiful voice...but who can resist Taylor?

Kellie is very good too, and I think she uses her talking in her favor...it is so natural and she doesnt mind the laughing at all...it makes her who she is. I think people love her for her innocence!

Paris will be a success no matter how far she makes in on AI. Isn't she darling?

Chris is good, but tho I like him a lot, I am not crazy about his style of music.

Everyone seems so pleasant this year!

and I LOVE SIMON..

Jana

12. Rene

Rene New Member

I agree with LAURA on the bottom 3 voted out. My favs are Kellie, Paris, and Chris. Taylor hasn't been doin it for me the last two times though he was my favorite before!

I always get shocked when they show BUckys wife. He looks toooooo young!!!!
    Rene
  13. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I love AI and think that all of the contestants left are pretty good, though I do have my favorites. I'm rooting for Chris, completely...but I like Katherine, too. I think that her voice is really beautiful.

14. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

This is the ONLY "reality" show that we watch and got so hooked on it from the beginning.

It's getting tough now to choose as I think they all can sing well, but.....

My favorites in order are: Chris, Elliott, Taylor, Kelli & Bucky (I think Chris is going to take it all the way)

Picks for bottom three: Ace, Kathryn & Paris (guessing Ace will be the one to go)

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  15. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I have watched since the first season. i like the themes because it gets them out of their comfort zone.

I think the bottom 3 performances last night(Not the whole season just last night) were Ace, Bucky and Kellie but the bottom three will be Ace, Bucky and Paris.

Last night Chris, Katherine, Taylor and Elliott were the best. I think Chris had the best guy voice but he is too hard rock for me which is why I think he won't ultimately win. I love Taylor but his performances are uneven. he needs to bring it every week. Elliott has a great voice but he lacks the charisma he needs to win. So I think Katherine will win and she's my favorite.

Now my only problem is I have to watch Lost tonight and my husband will not let me have both TV's drats!
    Lynn

PS Am I the only one who thought Kellie was better in the clips with Queen than in her actual performance???
    [This Message was Edited on 04/12/2006]
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

Actually I think Kellie did the best on the show last night. I can't stand Queen but Kellie did it A+ in looks and everything. That was a hard song and she really was out of her eliment!

Thats just me though I dislike Queen.

I wish if they pick themes they would stick with country on 1 week, then R & B the next and the 90's the next ect. Not pick a group or person like Stevie Wonder ect!
  17. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I use to like him, then found out how cocky he is, he is all about himself. He was worse then bucky, i liked bucky this week. ACE better be the next to leave, i am torn between chris, elliot, taylor & kat... i do like keely some though, she's silly country gal. paris is good, but she already has connections in her family, give it to someone that doesn't, you know. Finally i got to actually watch Tv 2night, it was nice, now it's bedtime here, so take care.

saph
  18. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

I was completely shocked that Ace didnt go tonight. He didnt even get the words right last night. I really thought Taylor was awesome last night, even better than Chris who I really like. I know this sounds awful but I can not stand to watch Elliott or Katherine sing. I actually have to look away or shut my eyes when they sing.

Anyway next week will be interesting.
  19. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

He was one of my favourites, but I was even more shocked when Mandisa went. W/ Bucky I saw it coming, because he jsut didnt' seem to have the fanbase and everyone isn't mooning over his looks like they do over Ace. I loved Bucky's husky voice and down to earth attitude, never contrived. It definitely should have been Ace tonight, but he's riding on his looks like he has many other nights, I think Ace has given the most bad performances. He just doesn't have half the voice most of them do.

It reminds me o fthe first season, w/ Justin Guarini against Kelly Clarkson for final 2. Seemed preposterous to me, there was no contest between the two, but Justin was just so hot. Where is he now though?

But Chris and Taylor are my absolute favourites and I'm sure they'll make top 3. Just would have thought Mandisa would have nbeen in that top 3 w/ them, she was giving the most consistant good performances than any other them, except Chris who hasn't faltered. LOve Taylor, but he was floundering for awhile. But he's back, the drunken uncle at the wedding, LOVE IT, LOVE HIM.

And finally, I'm glad someone else agrees, because I just don't get it about Elliot and Katherine. Why do the judges moon over them all the time? Katherine is gorgeous, and I have no problem looking at her when she sings, she's like a buxum Jacqueline Smith, but I think she'll end up as an actress. She strikes me as too cooky cutter to be the next big star.

Jeanne
  20. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I don't think Ace is that great either, but boy has he been looking really cute. I love his face, his eyes are so gorgeous and cute smile. Okay yes I know I'm married but just had to get it out of my system.

I don't see Elliot getting to much farther either. Then I think it might be the paris or Katheryn.

Sometimes I think that the judges should be behind a curtain when hearing the singers trying out. That way they would be judging on their voice and not their looks. I think that is why simon doesn't like Taylor because of his gray hair.

I like Kelli but she does have a lot to learn. I liked her singing the queen song, she rocked. It would be nice to see Chris get it, but then I want Taylor also.

Halo