OT - American Idol tomorrow!! Who watches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kinsie, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

How many of you enjoy American Idol?

My sister-in-law and I really get into it! We sometimes call each other during the commercials to discuss how good or bad someone did.

Isn't that awful for 2 women in their 50's??

My husband comes through the room, and just shakes his head. He doesn't get why we enjoy a show like that so much.

It give me something to look forward to each week. I also like Dancing with the Stars.

Anyway, I'm glad it's about to get started again!! When you don't feel well all day it's fun to have something light hearted to look forward to.

Kinsie
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I can't wait for it to start !!
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kinsie,
    I love that show, and I'm 68!
    I wait for it every week and really enjoy seeing the young singers mature and develop as time goes on.

It is a welcome change from the news and all the viciously gory murders that are on TV.

Have you heard the CD "Il Divo"? It is a project of Simon Cowel's, and is 4 tenors from different parts of the world, singing love songs in beautiful harmony, with wonderful musical accompaniments. A really classy and moving recording!

Thanks for this thread. I really like having a chance to talk about things other than how bad I feel. :)

Hugs,
    Terry
  4. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Yes, in deed I've heard of IL DIVO! I have all their CD's, and never go a day without playing their music.

It's almost unbelievable that anyone can sing like that!!

Kinsie
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Can't wait!! We even have a pool going at work.. We all put in 10 bucks.. when it hits the final 12 we draw names and the lucky person with the winning idol gets the pot!

Loved it before.. but should be even more fun with the pool!
  6. zena01

zena01 New Member

My boyfriend loves it too! We work our evening around it so we get to watch! Except for one soap opera (GH) that is the only show we watch on a regular basis! Can't wait!
    Sherri
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

I watch it every yr!! I love this show~
    and its about the only one that I WILL NOT MISS.

My son (he's 9yrs old) we go each yr to see the tour of American idol. Its the top 10 live on stage.
    We have a ball!!
    tickets are pricey but then agin,is'nt everything nowdays?

I loved seeing Bo last yr :)

Hugs
    Tandy
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

This is one of the few programs that my husband & I both enjoy. It gives me something to look forward to. I was a Bo fan last year but Carrie has done a great job. So many of the contestants have improved their lives and that is great.
  9. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I went to the American Idol Tour the year that Fantasia won. We talked my brother into driving us to Dallas to see it, but once was enough for him. My sister-in-law, and I really don't like to travel just the two of us, so if we happen to find someone else that wants to go, we might give it another try.

I would certainly have liked to have gone last year.

Kinsie
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

But we also like Lost, so I generally have to tape that show. I'm watching Surface, Invasion, Lost, AI, and As The World Turns (soap).

I haven't gotten into Dancing with the Stars or the Ice Skating one.

Hugs,
    Faye
  11. bozey

bozey New Member

I love American Idol. My DH and I watch every show and my son and now his new wife also watch. Can't wait for Tues.

bozey
  12. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Can't wait for it to start!!

I also love the first few programs... love to watch all the funny beople sing off-key!! Gives me a good belly laugh!!!

Well "Happy Idoling" to all you fans out there!

CarolK

PS... any of you ever call to actually vote??

I did twice... but the lines were always so busy I never got through!
  13. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I have to say , I love the show I can;t wait to see it again. We laugh at the beginning tapes and love to see how some grow into good preformers. I am hoping this will be a good year

hugs,

kgangel
  14. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Can't wait...It does start tomorrow right??

Hubby gets into as well...so we both enjoy watching together!

As another said I really liked Bow on the last one but Carrie is doing really good...Love the song she put out.."Jesus take the Wheel" very emotional Video!!

((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is the only show i realy look forward to watching....it isn't depressing or full of bad news...

i call in more than once on the same person , bo bice...i thought he should've won personally, but carrie was good to...

then i reallylike to watch the i wanna be a rockstar inxs...jd won and that is the one i though t should've from the start...

jodie
  16. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Clay and Bo are my favorites. Lynn
  17. dononagin

dononagin New Member

YES!! we call in.. over and over.. and over.. sometimes takes half a night to get a free line.. ok.. we have no life!lol!
  18. tandy

tandy New Member

heck,..this is my favorite subject!! AI

Kinsie~ yup,..I went that yr too. I loved Fantasia!!
    I'm acually surprized she did'nt become more famous than she has.?? how about Rubin,..he never did nothing after that show?? or did he?

CarolK~ I called every freakin night!somtmes brought the cordless right to bed with me untill I got thru!!LOL and I'd call for my own vote and for my son.
    Yes,..the lines are very busy!! I don't even bother for the first hr. Then I try,..and I get thru pretty easily. (except towards the end of season) Then its busy right up till the lines close at 11 pm,..here.
    I think tomorrow is a 2 hr AI.
    it outta make for some laughs :)

Once the show gets down to 20 contestants,..... Maybe we can OT chat about whats happening and who likes who??
    :)
    We did it last yr when we had a seperate chat board here.
    It was fun!!!
    Hugs
    Tandy
  19. JLH

JLH New Member

I love it!!!!!!!!!! Never miss a night when it is on!!!
  20. JLH

JLH New Member

I thought of you living in Paris the entire time that we watched "The Bachelor: In Paris" !!!!!!!!!!