OT - Another Surgery!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, Feb 1, 2006.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

Now I have to have a surgery to remove my ovaries and to suspend my bladder. Ovaries should have been removed in the last surgery I had, but oh well, it is being done now. Just anted all my fibro friends to know. I will talk to you more tomorrow.
  2. lilbird

lilbird New Member

this is getting barried in a hurry. So, bump to the top
  3. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I can not believe it. I have had a surgery almost every year since 2000..Tubal, 2001 laporoscopy remove scar tissue, 2002 Hystorectomy, 2004 removal of rt falopion tube and appendix, now Feb 15th - due to the extensive scar tissue build up in the falopion tube, damaged ovaries - so have to have those removed, am glad to have the bladder suspension - no more pee pads!!
  4. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I have been fighting with none stop pain since July of 04 - but I kept pluggin along to find a doctor to listen to me that I am sure there is more than one thing going on.

My old man says this is not a very good weight loss program, and I should look into a less expensive and less painfull way instead!! LOL

I wanted to postpone it till after our Las Vegas yearly Nascar trip. I hope I am recovered enough to go. I would hate to miss it after looking forward to all year.

6. paige51

paige51 New Member

I have to have carpal tunnell surgery later this month. Seems to have some type of surgery or test done since 2003.

The doctor found a cyst on my ovary this week, timing.
    She says it is too small to remove at this time and suggested we wait and do another sonogram in 6 weeks.
    I have not had a peroid in 3 or 4 years so I am really concerned.

It seems like i am coming out of menopause. My breasts were real sore and tender, plus I had a dark brown discharge like blood last week. has anyone ever been through this before?

At my age , I am really concerned.

Whishing you well with your surgery.

paige51
  7. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

That does not sound good at all. In talking with several different people they hear all the time that a women will have a partial hystorectomy, then a few years later has to have the ovaries removed.......WHY didn't he just take them the first time!! I hate surgeries. Not to mention since I am a contract worker that means no sick leave nothing!

Na-da for 6 wks!! I sometimes want to write a Grrr column on the medical field........

Again thank you everyone for taking the time to read my post and/or responding
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

One surgery is bad enough, but two? AAGH. When will this happen? Take care and let us know the details when you have them. I am sorry this is happening.

Sue