Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granny1353, Oct 18, 2006.
Now that there is a chill in the air does anyone have any good beef soup recipes?
I love sharing recipes....
Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
1 lb. stewing meat, cubed
1 bay leaf (opt.)
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, sliced
2 ribs celery, sliced
2-3 potatoes, diced
14 1/2 oz. can stewed tomatoes, cut up
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. frozen green beans
1/4 c. frozen peas
1/4 c. chopped cabbage
salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Add water to fill pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I make something called Hobo Stew
starts out like the above been stew recipe except I don't use tomatoe sauce (unless I have a little dab in the fridge or freezer to use) I use more canned tomatoes and add 1 can on kidney beans--rinse them first. If you have left over rice, or noodles or gravy you can add that in too.
Then I usually make garlic bread or corn bread to go with it.
Hi. I have a recipe for a hearty meatball soup that hails from Mexico. This is my variation:
1. Make little meatballs out of ground beef, onion, garlic, a tad of salt and pepper, parsley and rice.
2. Heat water to a simmer, and drop the meatbals into it, one at a time.
3. Add chopped up carrots, celery, new potatoes,onion,garlic, one fresh tomato, and any other veggie you like in soup.
4. Cook gently for about an hour or so, until the potatoes are soft.
5. Add herbs, such as more parsley, Herbs de Provence, Basil, and whatever spice you like in soups. Some people add some Oregano and Cilantro - they're an acquired taste.
6. Simmer for another 1/2 hour.
7. Serve with tortillas or french bread, squeezing some lemon over the top of the soup,and adding a spoonful of fresh salsa (optional) as garnish. Some people slice avocado and put some on the top of the soup just at serving time. Some people put either butter or guacamole on their tortillas (or bread).
This is a hearty, satisfying, soup that is also fun for kids.
Recipe for fesh salsa:
Take some ripe, juicy, red tomatoes, and hand chop into small pieces.(don't use a food processor)
Add a chopped up Jalapeno chile (remove seeds if you don't want it too hot),white or yellow onion, garlic and fresh cilantro, all chopped to about the same size.
Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice, and a dash of Oregano.
Add in some scallions, chopped into teenie rings.
Let stand in fridge for a while. It's Better on each succeeding day, as is the soup.
I've not used exact amoounts, because it doesn't really matter - just what looks and tastes good to you. - Terry
[This Message was Edited on 10/21/2006]
Straight from the chef at the restaurant where I work - But I add potatoes to mine and skip the broccoli
Beef and Vegetable Stew
• 2 lb.boneless beef round
• 1 can (28 ounces,) Italian-style tomatoes
• 1 can (14 1/2 ounces,) beef broth
• 1 onion, sliced
• 3 sprigs parsley
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1/2 tsp. each thyme leaves and salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 3 carrots, sliced
• 1 lb. broccoli, cut into flowerettes
Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat tomatoes and beef broth in Dutch oven to boiling. Add beef and remaining ingredients except carrots and broccoli.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat and cover. Simmer until beef is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Add more water if necessary during cooking. Stir in carrots; simmer 7 minutes. Add broccoli; simmer 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serves 8.
for the times you are feeling bad...it is good...it is easy. I hope this helps. Hugs. Love Debbie
SIX CAN SOUP
1 lb. ground beef
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can Veg-All (undrained)
1 can Progresso Minestrone Soup plus 1/2 can water
1 can Rotel with Chiles (undrained)
1 can Ranch Style Beans (undrained)
1 can whole kernel corn (undrained)
1 pkg. mild Taco seasoning mix
Brown and drain beef. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until hot.
Thanks everyone, all of them sound great and I plan to try all of them.
Separate names with a comma.