OT. Anyone ever get the cold chill listening to a song?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Nov 9, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

Just curious if this is just me. If so what song and artist did it for you?

I just heard an old Queen song called "You take my breath away", I am getting the hair standing bumps just singing it in my head. That song has the most awesome vocals I have ever heard. Funny thing is the first song I ever heard that did this to me was Queens Bohemian Rhapsody and then Spread your wings. I guess I must be a Queen fan. There are a couple songs fron Linkin Park that do it for me too.

Maybe I am just weird?
  2. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

I get goose bumps on my legs...for any song that brings be back past a decade! But this is from a girl whose husband picks on her because a Star Treck Next Generation episode made her cry;)

Joann
  3. damz68

damz68 New Member

I like that. Hey, could any of you download that song and tell me if it happens to you. I know every one has differant taste but that song gave me the major chills, first time I heard it too.
  4. llama

llama New Member

Hi damz68 and all,

Are these like goosebumps? I'm such a sentimental person, that I am touched to the point of crying over just about anything (really kind of embarrassing).

Patriotic songs, some religious songs and yes definitely, the songs from my "hey days" that bring back such a rush of happy/carefree feelings! Songs can just take me back and I almost feel like I'm experiencing those moments again.

Of course with the good comes the bad....certain songs can be very haunting/disturbing and then I get a cold chill down my spine as I remember a sad or painful time.
    ...........Jill.............
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi damz68,

Boy, you surely hit a nerve here. I've played in bands since age 14, ok a long, long time, and any song that I had played in the past makes tears come to my eyes when I hear it.

Unfortunately, I've been so depressed lately that I dont even want to listen to music. I play by ear; don't read music, play several instruments and sing. And I just don't want to hear it.

I was watching Dancing With The Stars one night and of all things but who did they have on the show??? YEP! Rod Stewart; "I Fooled Around and Fell In Love". Well, I fooled around and cried, and cried, and cried.

It's so sad that it just touches me so much to listen to music and hopefully I'll play again soon. But just not now.

Good post,

BlueSky555
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Anyhow he has a new CD out and one of the songs was called "Don't give up" and a line in it was everybody needs to be heard.

I felt like it should be OUR (FM/CFS People) theme song .Those of us who sometimes just want to give up because we can't find help.Ya have to here the whole song.

I love music it helps me when I'm really down.Music can speak to our soul.
  7. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Isn't it great what a good song (or other music) can do to a person's attitude? I love music and listen to the radio or files on my pc regularly.

No weird people here,
    Kat
  8. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

After I had to give up costuming and my place in the MFA program at Carnegie Mellon, I coun't go to a movie for years...Carnegie Mellon has connections to the film industry, and I wanted to do coustming for films, as well as theatre...

They also do a fair amount of filming in Pitt, where the school is located, as well as east and waet coast connections to the industry.

So when I had to let it go because my health was going down hill, I couldn't see movies...especially "period films" taking place back in history...that is what I wanted to costume.

I also have a hard time with some of the music from then, becasue it reminds me of it...

Enya is a touchstone for me...Makes me cry, meloncoly, or remember happy memories around her music...

Enya's music makes me have that "whole body response"...I think you can have that to anything that stirs you passionately, art, nature, music...

Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  9. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

happens to me, only thing I can think of right now is Rod Stewarts "Sailing". Oh, and "Mull of Kintyre".

Am I showing my age? LOL

Big choral numbers will do it too. Especially those South African choirs. Nkosi sikele iAfrika and all that.

And as it's Remembrance Day here tomorrow - the Last Post and Reveille affect me too. Bring tears to my eyes.

Current music has a different physical effect. Rap makes me want to barf.
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I get this from some Bryan Adams songs! All my brain can remember right now,,,foggy!
    Those bumps make a perfect ski slope for lice,,,LOL! Not that I have any,,,hrrmm. Ever notice your bumps can get so intence it hurts!?

Oh, MUST mention Jimi Hendrix, ya know which one!! The guitar just goose me up like crazy!!
  11. lrgatplay

lrgatplay New Member

This is a song that gets to me emotionally everytime now. A wish for my son and all of you.
    Artist/Band: Rascal Flatts
    Lyrics for Song: My Wish
    Lyrics for Album: Me & My Gang
    I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
    And each road leads you where you want to go,
    And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
    I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
    And if one door opens to another door closed,
    I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
    If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
    My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
    Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
    You never need to carry more than you can hold,
    And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
    I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
    Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
    All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
    I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
    And you help somebody every chance you get,
    Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
    And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
    My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
    Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
    You never need to carry more than you can hold,
    And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
    I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
    Yeah, this, is my wish.
  12. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

wish_to_be_healthy,

I am so glad that you understand where I'm coming from. It is so painful in another way, that brings back memories and makes you realize that those times just can't be brought back; only the memories.

I'm glad we have the memories but if you're like me, I want to do it again an with my health the way it is, there is no way and that hurts more than the physical pain when I hear some of the music.

I've always wondered if people that don't play music in any way, shape, or form, but only listen to it have the same feelings as people that are born musically talented to play, just by listening to a song; not even reading music. I suppose like what you are saying about the costuming; which I have no idea of what it's like but know your passion and how you feel about it.

I suppose that's something I'll never know because if someone doesn't play by ear, with the talent, I couldn't understand even if it was explained to me.

Oh well, I suppose I'll continue wondering. I hope the both of us will someday be able to do what love again and damz68, thank you for posting this. I enjoyed reading everyone's response.

BlueSky555
  13. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, there is a song that Rascal Flatts sings about a teen girl who has cancer and she looses all her hair. When I hear that song I bawl every time. If I drive I have to turn it off or pull aside. It is absolutely touching. What is the name of it? There's no doubt they have pulled the song out of own experience, you can feel it when you listen.
  14. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I can't write much, because I'm sick...but I also understand the music thing...I can't read music, but used to sing solo's and performed in Concert choir, church choir, and Madricals...

I have a 1st soprano voice that now cracks, and have thought about church choir again, but it takes too much energy...

So I understand the music thing...and not being able to do your art...

Yes, I hope that someday we can do our art, without the limitations of this DD!

Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  15. simplyhurting

simplyhurting New Member

Sometimes it's something you hear that just seems to touch something inside you. Went to the Folk Festival in Bangor, Maine this past summer and heard the Throat Singers. Currently, thanks to foggy brain, cannot remeber the real name of these men from an area near Siberia, but they were unbelievably wonderful and I just could not hold back the tears.