OT: Anyone feel the earth move?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jinlee, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jinlee

jinlee Member

I was awake most of the night as usual and at 1:30 the house began to sway and creaking was heard, thought a car hit the house. We had an earthquake and some aftershocks.
    I live on the Oregon/Washington border.

I see further on down the messages that you Californians had some shaking going on also. Keeps the night interesting for those of us who are nightowls.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2006]
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I'm in So Cal and I hate earthquakes...

I'm not aware of any lately but I haven't watched the news today, I just got out of bed about 30 mins ago.

Sorry you had to experience one, they are very scary. Stay safe.

Sincerely
    JL
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

that it was something like 4.4 north of San Francisco..
    They showed pictures.. Things knowed off shelves and such but sounded like no major damage. Thank God!!
    We didn't feel it in Central Ca. I was living in Aptos when we had the big Loma Prieta Earthquake.. our house was a mile from the epi-center.. I've been a little gun-shy about them ever since!
  4. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

in Bakersfield and will sometimes feel them when they happen but thank God I didnt feel it!!
    I have my earthquake kit ready just in case!!
    Melinda
  5. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Nothin' shakin' here in Lake County CA, jinlee. We're about 2hrs north of San Fran and I didn't feel a thing.

There are several BIG quake-faults here, shudder. Not to mention a few dormant volcanos. The consolation to that is that we likely wouldn't know what hit us, if any of the mountains decided to go boom.
    Lea.
  6. patches25

patches25 New Member

My bed took a jump. I live about a mile from the epicenter.

I kept looking for some news on the tv at 1:39 last night and when nothing appeared I wondered if something hit the house. Had a couple things fall off the shelves but otherwise it appears no damage although I haven't walked around the house yet to find out for sure. At least it wasn't as bad as a couple quakes I have been in. E.
  7. sascha

sascha Member

i live in San Francisco. we were 40 miles south of the epicenter, but i sure felt it. i'm up on the 11th floor of an apartment building, which may accentuate the movement.

i'm from Vermont where we deal with ice and snow and cold- this sure is a new experience for me. and it was only 4.4!

sascha
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I moved to Aptos shortly thereafter! Lived there 9 years; told myself it was OK to move there since the Loma Prieta Quake took the pressure off, LOL...)

Lovely place, I miss it. I lived in Rio Del Mar...

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Isn't it beautiful!! I miss it so much! I lived in Santa Cruz area for 22 years and now I'm stuck in the middle of the Central Valley.. Cost of living was just too high to stay there.. But Dang I miss it! Now I only live about 20 miles from the Parkfield fault.. Earthquake insurance is so high here we can't afford it.. I pray to God we never need it!
    Hugs!
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

under my feet.
    Sounds like a song LOL
  11. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I live in the Mojave Desert in CA and it is actually the earthquake CAPITOL of the US (there's a lot of geothermal activity here).

I don't even get up if it isn't over 5.0! LOL!

- julie (is free!)

I don't trust books. They're all fact, no heart.

- Dr. Stephen Colbert
  12. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

Hey Jinlee I only live about 2 hrs from the Or/Cal border on the west coast. I didnt feel anything. Geeze I miss everything.LOL