OT Anyone have a hobby?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nice2meetu, Jul 15, 2006.

1. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

I just wondered if anyone has a hobby and what it is.

I write poetry and someday hope to pen a novel.

Just curious!
  2. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I used to write some, but now I read more often (when i'm alert enough to do so), and when i'm feeling well enough i like to do photography.
  3. hangten52

hangten52 New Member

I like to do charcoal skethes of boats on the water but love to paint, mostly landscapes. Been doing it for years and my dream is to have my own studio and teach classes.
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

All organic, no pesticides. I have bird houses which keep the insect population down. This year I have two kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, corn, green beans and carrots. I also have flowers - geranium, tiger lily, impatiens, petunias, begonias, lilies, and marigolds.

It is very relaxing to tend my garden. I also enjoy reading and doing word puzzles when I can concentrate on them.

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I do stained glass, I have a small website (edited to remove content per rules)
    I also paint watercolors (I mean try to) oils and acrylic, mostly nature and landscapes.

I am a big DIY person, I have remodeled several houses and trying to finish the one I'm living in. I am turning my old kitchen into a art studio.

I think it is so important to have a hobbie of some kind to take our minds off all these things we have to deal with.

I suffer in pain the majority of the time, but I just get thru it by taking breaks, sometimes days lol, but I eventually get er done!

We all have our own special talents, it's up to us to cultivate them. Try different things until you find your fit. I was 40 before I found out what was in me. So go to it. Carla
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I love to make silk flower arrangements. I have been decorating my home, this has been an on going process for 33 years.

I also am thinking if I get well I'd like to flip an old house. I love design and anything with Art.I would love a one of a kind house inside and out.

I use to write and have thought about writing a book about Military Life as a wife. Since I have been Ill with CFS/FM I can not collect my thoughts in any kind of order. I ramble to much ,no one would read it.

7. fabricaholic

fabricaholic New Member

my hobby and addiction is fabric and to quilt. I have been sewing one way or the other sence I was about 5yrs old some days it's almost like eating I have to sew/quilt to survive I get lost in it.
  8. daynakb

daynakb New Member

I crochet in what little spare time I have. I work at home and sometimes have to wait a while between jobs so I crochet while I wait to pass the time. I made a huge pile of dish cloths but got tired of those and started a full size afghan. I got bored with that and did a baby afghan for my cousin which became an obsession. I've been crocheting baby afghans like crazy lately and am thinking about selling them on e-bay.
  9. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

I play the piano, do gardening, and play with my game boy advance.
  10. CgWife

CgWife New Member

I have a few hobbies myself I like to tole paint (thats were you paint on wood,trays anything you can get your brush on). I also like to quilt I have made and designed my first quilt that hangs on my living room wall. I also like to scrap book. I am just now getting into that and I must say I really like it. I use to write poetry when I was younger mostly religious I stoped for a while I now just play with a few lines. I am trying to write a childres book. I am thinking about maybe taking a class if I can. but that's it pretty much, Oh, I also and working on a mosaic birdbath for my husband. now that is it. do you have anyother hobbies?
  11. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I used to love projects around the house, painting, decorating etc., and need to buzz up my energy level to get into that again.

I used to play the piano a lot, not so much now.

And I have been working assembling a family history/ancestral photo album on disk for both sides of the family. Thought this would be a nice way to easily share.

12. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

I have had to adjust my hobbies according to my health. I used to do counted cross stitch and large needlework projects on plastic canvas, I no longer can do this.

So now, I do small canvas projects, mostly Christmas ornaments. Plus ornaments from other sources.

I have recently started learning to make greeting cards with rubber stamps.

I am also making different projects (keychains, bracelets, etc.) themed on the "Colors of Faith".

I also do a couple ministries at my church and charities (which is all very fulfilling...........I love serving the King)!

I used to play around with HTML and made some cool web pages, but I simply cannot look at a computer that long anymore.

Keep doing what you can, don't give in completely to FS!

Hugs & prayers,
    Sue
  13. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I like doing counted cross stitch when hands arent hurting! I also have gotten into making cards (rubberstamping). It's fun, but I do hurt a little afterward! I also love taking pictures!

Dawn
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

Never had time to do much until i got sick!! I taught myself how to use a sewing machine. it's fun! also garden alittle, do some embrodrie work, bake when the kids are home, card making, yoga,swimming, reading ,writing.

I just try to keep myself busy! thanks for a fun thread!
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

I love to fish. Catfish, crappie, and bass. I also like to look for indian arrowheads.

Kriket
  16. Cakeart

Cakeart New Member

Yep! I decorate cakes. I love it, and I am just getting to the point in my hobby where my cakes are looking professional enough for me to open a business, but it is very physically demanding, so I just do it as gifts and ministry to friends and friends of friends. I am making a wedding cake this week for a wedding of a young couple in my church this Saturday.

I also crochet (mostly thread crochet, although I making an afghan for my mom right now) and I do a little scrapbooking.

Thanks for sharing all your hobbies, I've enjoyed reading everyone's!
  17. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar. I also play the recorder, which is a small wooden flute. I like to read, though it's difficult with the brain fog.

Thanks for the thread. :)
  18. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I love to cook and try new dishes, I love to paint, on canvas..and walls..and furniture. I love to sew home decor things..and some times clothes. I read. I garden. I swim and play in the pool. I shop-LOL.
    It all sounds great...but ALL is dependant on how I feel at any given moment...but I still manage to do all of it from time to time...just in shorter time frames at a time than I used to do!

I feel like it is so important to keep doing the things I love...and adjust HOW I do them to how I feel..but not ignore them because I feel badly that day.
  19. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,

I really enjoy scrapbooking, i am unable to do it for long periods of time but i do it for awhile take a break and do it some more.

I want to get all my pictures into scrapbooks, thats my goal anyway!

Take Care Tammy.