OT: Anyone here from Alberta, Canada?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valleyann, Aug 8, 2006.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

I am just taking a poll to see who is from Alberta on this site? Just out of curiousity! :)

I'm from Calgary, Alberta...cow-town.

Val
  2. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Me from Denamay
  3. valleyann

valleyann New Member

hello,

where is denamay?

val
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I live in Utah but my Mom was born in Magrath Alberta Canada.
    She lived there till she got married and stil have lots of family that live there and in other parts of the province.

I have been there often and really enjoyed it. Mom was just in Magrath and saw lots of her family and it was hotter than normal there. I have not been there since 2000 and I wish I could go and see my cousins again soon.
    I have a cousin that is a Doctor in Lethbridge Alberta. He is a Doctor Boehme. I can't remeber if he is retired or not. And I have some cousins in Calgary,Edmonton, Lethbridge, And more places than I know names of.

HUGS TO YOU
    Rosemarie
  5. valleyann

valleyann New Member

wow! sounds like you are quite connected in Alberta! you have relatives all over the place! i've never heard of Magrath before, it must be a fairly small town?

Val
  6. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hiya Val

Born and raised in Calgary but lived all over AB and lived in Kelowna BC before moving to Ohio.

Very few are actually born and raised true Calgarians!

HAGD Brenda
  7. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

Wow! Another Calgarian! Although I was not born and raised in Calgary, I have lived here for 3 years, but I call it home.

Val
  8. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hi Val,
    Sorry, I did say I was from Denamay, did't I?
    I just meant that I am from Alberta too.
    My user name is Denamay.
    I don't want to say where I live, but it is not Calgary.
    Take a look at the painting in my profile and you might guess the general area. Take care, from Denamay
  9. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

looks like foothills and mountains are close is it near Canmore?

I had to get out of Calgary it was too much, I was so angery all the time while driving and hated that I was getting passed over all the time for jobs because I was not a from another country.

So left and went to Llyodminster and from there to Camrose. Lived in Edmonton too and Cardston.

Oh lived in Airdrie too for a time.

ahah I been everywhere...
  10. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

I lived in Lloydminster for 2+ years before moving to Calgary 3 years ago! I didn't like it very much though...it's all Oil & Gas.

I also lived in Drumheller, Vermilion, and in Ireland (for a bit).

I love Canmore! It's so beautiful! You are lucky you got to live there for a while.

Val
  11. darude

darude New Member

I live in Calgary in Sandstone NW. Also Cindycor and Shannonsparkles and Sdown are all here. We should get in touch with each other. My daughter works for Vibe radio station and you can get mt email there. Her on air name is CLaire. Nice to here from you fellow fmser
  12. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Nice to know that there are other calgarians on this board!

Keep in touch! :)
    Val