OT : Anyone know of good candles to order

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by browneyelady48, Oct 31, 2006.

1. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

I love good strong smelling candles. I know we cant post websites on here, but if anyone knows how to point me in a good direction, I am looking for good strong smelling candles to burn.

I love candles but cant seem to find good ones that smell. I use to order off the internet but they no longer sale.

Thanks Brenda
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've stopped burning candles and have switched to Yankee Candle Tarts. Their scents are SO STRONG, much more aromatic than any candles I could find. My favorite is HOME SWEET HOME. Smells like REALLY STRONG Cinnamon/Fire Balls.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Brenda:

I do not know whether you have a store in your area called 'Ross', but that is where I buy all of my candle.
    The are very reasonable, last long, and have such a nice aroma.

nyrofan
  4. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

My personal favorite is the "home sweet home" jar candles from Yankee Candles. It's a warm cinnamon-y nice scent. Not just cinnamon in it, and not overpowering though either. I haven't found anything I love better yet. susi-di
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

My daughter makes her own and they are heavenly. She does put a little sticker on them that says waxing moon. Every scent you can imagine. It is her little cottage industry. She has three boys, youngest is 9 months. She will mail them. Are you interested?
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Although I do like the Yankee Candles 'Home Sweet Home' too, I'd have to say that they are using much cheaper wicks in the past year or so. (at least in the 22oz jar candles)

The candles no longer burn steady like they used to. For me they're just too expensive to be using a cheap wick.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  7. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

Yankee Candle as already mentioned and Cape Cod Candle Company...PartyLite is one distributer of them, they do home parties like tupperware, but I have also found them in some stores. I used to sell the ParyLite stuff, excellent quality and aroma.

Just make sure to trim the wick to no more than a 1/4 inch each time you burn to keep the soot levels to a minimum.

Oh and if you do have soot marks on walls, the only thing I have found to remove them are the new Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, came off like "magic" really!!!