OT Anyone Live in Canada???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Jul 24, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Hi, I am currently visiting your beautiful country!!! What a wonderful place!

I am in Banff visiting and plan to go to Lake Louise tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone here lives in Canada....

2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Tomorow I a going to Lake Louise, I have heard it is so beautiful.

I am staying at the Fairmont in Banff and spoiling myself with room service. I love the scones with double cream!!

We had dinner tonight at a restaurant called Fuse. Nice place. I am here on business but staying a extra day to sightsee.
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Right now as I write to you my soon to be 79 yr old mother is in Magrath Alberta,Canada. Her nephew and is wife ccome to see her every year and they also drive to Utah to pick her for and take her to see her family as she is from Magrath . I used to go there every year of my life but I have not been since 2000 and I miss it so much.

I want to go a see my family and I just don't have a car that would make that long of a drive. Mom will be there for 2 weeks I think and as far as I know she is doing fine and having fun. She is staying with her little sister and it is good for her to be there.

She was born there and one of 9 children. She is 3rd from the youngest. While there she will see her brother who is in his 80's . There are just 5 of the 9 left so it is good for her to be able to see and spend time with her family. AS they are all getting older.

The strage thing is that 5 of my first cousins all women all have fibro. Some had really large families and some like me had 3 kids and stopped at that.
    I have wondered why it is that so many of my female cousins have fibro and arthritis also.

But that is off the topic.
    I wish I was going to see Lake Louise today, But that will have to wait till another time. I want to go back and see all the things that i have not been to. LIke the Edmonton Mall, I want to go back to WATerton and BAmiff. I want to see so much like the japanease gardens in Lethbridge they are so pretty and so quite it was so nice to be there.But that was a few years ago for me.

Have fun on your trip and for those of you who live in Southern Alberta have a good day . WE may be cousins.

AS a friend of mine went on a LDS Mission many years ago he wrote to me telling me that he had met a cousin of mine and during his time there he met more of the family so he wrote to me asking me if I was realated to all of CAnada. Mo not quite but some times it feelslike it.

Have a great day.
    Rosemarie.
    And if you were family you woould not know me by this name as it is not my own name. HUGs to all
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad you are enjoying your stay. You are in a beautiful part of the country.

Kathy
  6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

SPECTACULAR SCENERY! We just moved West 2 years ago and I can't get over the views!! The drive between Banff and Jasper is amazing! Enjoy your trip!

P.S. You just missed the Calgary Stampede. If you get a chance try to go some year.

Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thank you everyone for answering me. I am going to Lake Louise later today and also another lake (I forgot the name) which is supposed to be even more beautiful than Lake Louise.

I am resting before I leave....

Will write later when I get back..
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I had to butt in on this post. I'm from New Mexico, but I'm a Canada-phile, and went to Banff and Jasper four summers ago.

Are you going to Morraine Lake, near Lake Louise? It's very beautiful.

I also hope you're goint to drive up to Jasper and stop at all of the waterfalls, slot canyons, and passes along the way.

What a superlative place.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, its Morraine Lake we are going to. It is daylight until 10:30 pm so we are leaving at 3:30. I am having a private sightseeing tour.

I am so tempted to buy a condo here. I would only be here in the summers but what a heavenly place.

I will write later when I get back...
  10. Denamay

Denamay New Member

You are so close I can almost touch you! Will you visit Jasper?{closer yet}. Keep on going and maybe we can meet. Love Denamay
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My brother lives up there in Canada.

I love Bannff and Lake Louise and also I do like Lake Huron Owen sound area. Sauble beach, once you get away from the hurdy gurdy area, has gorgeous sands. We rented a abin right on the beach once that was owned by Roy Rogers and often think of going back.

Enjoy.

Love Anne Cromwell
  12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Morraine Lake has to be one of the most beautiful spots on the planet. I hope you get to take a canoe out on it, or hike to the west end of the lake.

On the way to Jasper, Peyto Lake, the Columbia Icefields, and all of the various waterfalls and rocky slot canyons are also gorgeous. Have you ridden a ski lift up yet? The lifts at Banff, Lake Louise Ski Area, and Jasper are all well worth it.

If you can drive to Mount Edith Cavell, southwest of Jasper, that's spectacular as well, as is the drive to Maligne Lake, where you can take a boat ride out to a beautiful, frequently photographed island.

I'm SO envious!

Kholmes
  13. Denamay

Denamay New Member

14. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

You have great travel shots and yes the Banff=Lake Louise-Jasper area is something out of National Geographic.

I especially like it in the winter with all the snow on the mountains. We took the gondula up Sunshine Mountain at the end of skiing season and saw Colin James (outdoor concert) at the top of the mountain outside the main chalet!! Had front row seats.
  15. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Cromwell...my mom has a cottage in Sauble Beach. I love it. Haven't had to the chance to get to Banff yet, maybe next year...have a friend living right in town.