OT Anyone Tried the Oreck Vacuum

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Jun 19, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Anyone tried the Oreck. It is supposed to be lightweight and work well for people with mobility issues.

I am not strong enought to carry a regular vacuum around the house, nor do I have the stamina to go over the same spot over and over (cat hair issues...)

Hope it is worth the money.

Let me know if you've tried it and how it works.

Sue
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Hi:

I have tried nearly all the vacuums on the market...I am currently expecting delivery of the Dyson lightweight DC-07 model...hopefully today! If that does not do it for me, I will be trying the ORECK. I cannot tell you all the vacuums I have tried over the years...I am a bit of a fanatic.

I'll let you know how the Dyson works out.

Ingrid
  3. LindaW

LindaW New Member

We bought a Miehl vacuum about a year ago-It was expensive, but it is worth every penny. Lightweight, and very powerful
    lw
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I wanted to try one but they have no attachments. I have two big house dogs, one golden retriever and one black lab, so I need to be able to get into the corners.

I didn't have a shop vac in the house when I was looking at the Oreck. I actually use the shop vac now to do the corners and edges of the rug and to clean the dog hair out of the regular vac.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

The one I ordered comess with a canister vac too with the attachents, so hopefully that will work with the pet hair.

Thanks for your replies.

Let you know how it is when I get.

God Bless,
    Sue in Ontario
  6. forfink

forfink New Member

Have had 2. They are so lightweight and easy to use. Love them.
    Yes, you do need a little vacuum of some sort for the furniture and stairs. But for a person with Fibro, the Oreck is a saving grace, you can whip that thing around the house with no pain. I went to the store and got a like new demo, which they discount very well. Happy cleaning.
  7. SusEQ

SusEQ New Member

My hubby bought me my Oreck approx 18 months ago. It came with the canister also. The Oreck is easy for me to push and carry to a different floor, if needed. Also, it is light enough to use to vacuum the stairs. I have a Blue Merle Rough Collie and Tri Colored Shetland Sheepdog. They are the best "nurses"! However, both dogs shed a lot of hair. I am more than satisfied with the Oreck. In fact, I encouraged my parents to buy one for my brother and sister in law for Christmas this past year.

I use the canister to get into corners, vacuum the furniture, cars, etc. The canister is extremely light weight and easy for me to manipulate.

I hope you enjoy your Oreck!

Susie
  8. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hello,
    A real close friend bought one for my family. Its nice to have and works great too!! But it cost so much and does not come with a warrenty. We had to take ours bach for service and it was 45$. Although I like the vaccume I would not buy something that cost so much that does not come with a warrenty.
    When I buy a vaccume I go to Kmart and get a good one and buy the 9$ warrenty so when it breaks (and it does because I have 7 kids and 2 dogs) I call the 800 number and get a check for the amount I paid for it.

Melinda
  9. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I wanted an Oreck for the same reasons some of you all did...lightweight and picks up dirt well.

But, I HATE not having attachments ON the vacuum itself!

It's like doing twice the work, and I can't bend down to use that stupid canister thing on areas of the floor!

If I had the money...I'd buy a Dyson

10. place

place New Member

I had an oreck and it did not like it.

Got a roomba, I love it, it is great for daily cleaning but not for deep down cleaning.

MY dyson kicks some ***. ONe time I vacumed really well before the carpet cleaner guys came and one of the men said I did the best vacuming he had ever seen!

It was a proud vacumig day for me!

Good luck!
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Sue,

If you want a vacuum that's really light weight, try the Roomba!!!!!!

You don't have to do anything but turn it on and it works all by itself.

I've tried my Mom's Oreck a few years ago, was doing some heavy cleaning while I was there and I didn't like it either.

Nancy B.
  12. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I love our Oreck! The handle is very user friendly.

We bought the medium model and also receive the cannister vac and a great floor lamp. The light is diffused and very gentle to the eyes.

Big thumbs up!!

Kim