OT Anyone try nutrisystem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jrose, Jul 23, 2006.

1. jrose

jrose New Member

Hi everyone. I'm 58,have fibro for about 6 years. It's somewhat better but now have OA in neck and osteoporosis. Also had OA in knees and hands about same time as FM started.Have to lose about 30lbs. Only exercise is some walking.Am on tramadol,asthma meds,high blood pressure meds,nexium,osteoporosis meds. Is nutrisystem worth a try? thanks for replies. Judy
  2. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I am in my 40s. I was walking about 1 hour a day for 5 days a week and trying to watch what I ate. I lost maybe 3 pounds in 2 months, so I decided to give Nutrisystem a try. I was on Nutrisystem from the end of November last year until May of this year. I lost 20 pounds during that time, which is sort of slow, but that is fine with me, as I have not yet gained any of it back. If you are a very, very picky eater it may not be for you. Otherwise I definitely say this program works.
  3. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Have a friend with this DD who became deathly ill while on Nutrisystem. Truly, she almost died. Seems she had a soy allergy and Nutrisystem is loaded with soy.

Just a word of caution...just in case.
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have not found anything that works for me.Plus the food wasnt that good.
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Judy,

I just got a free 2 week thing in the mail last week and have been thinking about trying it myself. I thought it would be helpful for when I went back to school too, because I wouldn't have the "prep" to do before my meals.

It's just my hubby and me, and I thought it may even take some stress off me. I have 2 semesters left before graduation.

I'm still thinking about it right now. Let me know what YOU decide! Maybe we could help eachother.

Take care,
    "E"